Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action Stops recording
7449 7 2019-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was out recording today after doing the upgrade to the Osmo Action.  It stopped recording once the card reached 3.8 gigs.  I started the video up and continued and again, once the video reached about 3.8 gigs, the Action stopped recording.  I am using a 128 gig Samsung SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-128G-GN6MA.  Has anyone eles had this happen?

2019-6-15
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Some clarification:  You upgraded the firmware?

My Action will create additional files automatically if you keep recording.  It does limit each file to about 4gigs and how long that will be depends on your video parameters (resolution, fps, etc).

I have not looked but I'm not sure if there's some setting that controls that?

My consecutive files for a continuous recording session are

DJI_0020.mp4
DJI_0020_001.mp4
DJI_0020_002
DJI_0020_003

2019-6-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. For the Osmo Action, the video splitting mechanism is the same as other aircraft. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. There are 2 reasons why.  You may check it below. Hope this will clarify your query to us. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

1. For SD cards with a memory less than 64GB, only FAT32 file system can be used (SD Association stipulates that files can be formatted into exFAT in Windows system for non-standard usage). Files larger than 4GB cannot be stored on a FAT32 volume.

2. For SD cards with memory greater than or equal to 64GB, only exFAT file system can be used (which is specified by SD Association). Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, in order to avoid errors resulted from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB.
2019-6-15
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-15 16:21
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. For the Osmo Action, the video splitting mechanism is the same as other aircraft. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. There are 2 reasons why.  You may check it below. Hope this will clarify your query to us. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

1. For SD cards with a memory less than 64GB, only FAT32 file system can be used (SD Association stipulates that files can be formatted into exFAT in Windows system for non-standard usage). Files larger than 4GB cannot be stored on a FAT32 volume.

Well, now that you mention it, yeah the MP will do that, but I normally don't video with it that long continuously.  The issue for me now resides in post work, and I can live with that.

Your explanation about the SD cards makes sense.  I originally had a 64GB installed, but opted for the 128GB just due to being in the field with a larger card meant one less item to carry (laptop to download).

Thank you for the help, I thought the new firmware update did something to the OA.  Really getting to enjoying using it.
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Lonesome Crow Posted at 6-16 04:12
Well, now that you mention it, yeah the MP will do that, but I normally don't video with it that long continuously.  The issue for me now resides in post work, and I can live with that.

Your explanation about the SD cards makes sense.  I originally had a 64GB installed, but opted for the 128GB just due to being in the field with a larger card meant one less item to carry (laptop to download).

You are always welcome Sir! Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-18
Use props
fansfc37e3fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430292 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, my OA just stops after 4G file limit (understood that), but doesn´t "continue" with second file. What am I missing ?
2019-12-2
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

fansfc37e3fe Posted at 12-2 21:26
Hi, my OA just stops after 4G file limit (understood that), but doesn´t "continue" with second file. What am I missing ?

I don't think there is any setting that controls that.  Mine has automatically opened a new file and continues recording.  At one time I have 5 sequential files.  You do know that the name is a variation on the initial file maybe with an appended -1, -2, or similar scheme.  If you stop and begin a new recording, there is a new file name and if it lasts more than 5-6 minutes (4gigs) it will again create a variation on the second file name.
2019-12-2
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 2019-12-2 22:05
I don't think there is any setting that controls that.  Mine has automatically opened a new file and continues recording.  At one time I have 5 sequential files.  You do know that the name is a variation on the initial file maybe with an appended -1, -2, or similar scheme.  If you stop and begin a new recording, there is a new file name and if it lasts more than 5-6 minutes (4gigs) it will again create a variation on the second file name.

Yeap, true statement!
2020-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules