Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro doesn't fly straight and won't level the gimbal?
1119 4 2019-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TMcArthur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1250469 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys! I've been flying a Mavic Pro for a few months now and have loved it so much that I decided to upgrade to a Phantom 4 Pro Plus. Unfortunately, I've been having a hard time getting it to fly properly. My primary issues are:
1. When flying the Phantom normally for a few minutes and decide I want to simply go in a straight line, the gimbal seems to be about 5-10 degrees off on the yaw axis and makes it seem like the drone is moving slightly to the left or to the right when I simply have the stick straight forward. I have calibrated the IMU, the controller, checked all firmware, and made sure to auto-calibrate the gimbal before each flight and this still reliably happens!

2. After flying for 5-10 minutes, I've noticed that the roll of the camera is completely off. The gimbal seems to be nearly 30 degrees off and, when I yaw the drone, the gimbal rotates in this really awkward up and down motion. It's exhausting.

I purchased this drone brand new in box from a friend of mine so I don't believe I'll be able to return it and, honestly, I don't want to! I really do like what I've got here and would love it if it could just work! I'll have to get a few videos of what I'm talking about so that it's a tad easier to understand what I'm saying here. Hopefully someone knows a fix!
2019-6-15
Use props
ATJ
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

First thing you want to know, is it the Hardware or the Software? Try uninstalling and reinstalling DJi4Go, recalibrate and try it again.
2019-6-16
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

As far as flying straight is concerned there is no fix and DJI doesn’t care about it.
2019-6-16
Use props
TMcArthur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1250469 ft
  • >>>
United States

ATJ Posted at 6-16 09:24
First thing you want to know, is it the Hardware or the Software? Try uninstalling and reinstalling DJi4Go, recalibrate and try it again.

Since I have a Pro+ I'm not entirely sure how to uninstall DJiGo4 but I'll see if I can factory reset it somehow. I did recalibrate the sensor using the trick where you lay the drone on it's back while calibrating to see if that made a difference, however, it did not. I'll do some tinkering and come back.
2019-6-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My p4p has never flown straight as far as i know, but i do know it can be related to the camera being off a slight bit to one side, so best to calibrate the gimbal and eye from the top view and make sure the camera is bang on center, you can also use the gimbal clamp as a straight edge, im sure you can figure out how, its quite simple...
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules