Pan trying to catch up
2458 13 2019-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fparklin
lvl.1
United States

Hey all,

Anyone have ROCKSTEADY on, and start to record a pan, and the footage kinda speeds up in the middle to "catch up?"

I know the viewfinder is half a second lagged, but the weirdest thing happened to me today. I was panning to the right, and then towards the end, the footage stops for half a second, then speeds up to footage it should be on. I was on 4K, 60 fps, RS on, Dewarp on, D-Cinelike.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, does anyone know what the cause is? Is it user error or something wrong with the stabalization or camera? This really bugs me, and might be a reason for me to return it.
2019-6-15
Use props
treben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281916 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I too have noticed this behavior. I'm pretty sure it's related to the rocksteady algorithm. I was shooting with the same settings as you when I had this problem. One thing I'm trying to test is if the speed of the pan has any effect ie. if I pan a bit faster does it still cause this issue.
2019-6-16
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Is this "catch up" only while shooting or do you see those results in the final video?
2019-6-16
Use props
Gboing
lvl.1
Singapore

ff22 Posted at 6-16 04:59
Is this "catch up" only while shooting or do you see those results in the final video?

It happens in the final video.  A quick movement like turning your head too fast.
2019-6-16
Use props
fans0c7b340c
lvl.1
United States

Below is a youtube video (short) of the panning issue that is happening. I want to keep this camera, but this problem is annoying. I think RS is conflicting. or the processor is trying to play catch up? I don't know what it is, but it seems like a lot of people are experiencing this.
It happens right at the 4 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1oW6Xcwk8Q&feature=youtu.be
2019-6-19
Use props
fans0c7b340c
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-16 04:59
Is this "catch up" only while shooting or do you see those results in the final video?

Here is the video.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b1oW6Xcwk8Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2019-6-19
Use props
fans0c7b340c
lvl.1
United States

Man, am I dumb, or do I not know how to embed a youtube video?

https://youtu.be/b1oW6Xcwk8Q
2019-6-19
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Use the CHAIN LINKS icon

2019-6-19
Use props
fans0c7b340c
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-19 18:23
Link

Use the CHAIN LINKS icon

haha omg. Thank you.
2019-6-19
Use props
fans0c7b340c
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-19 18:23
Link

Use the CHAIN LINKS icon

You know, I do do that, and it still just pastes the URL. Kinda frustrating. Is it because I am a lvl 1?
2019-6-19
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

fans0c7b340c Posted at 6-19 20:10
You know, I do do that, and it still just pastes the URL. Kinda frustrating. Is it because I am a lvl 1?

I don't know.  Like right now - as I edit this, there's the "Add Link" icon and if I hit it, it wants the link address (url) and text.  

Do you have TWO ID's?  
2019-6-19
Use props
fubag
lvl.1
United States

I tried replicating this exact issue on my action with the newest firmware and cannot replicate it with RS on, 4k 60fps, 1/120 shutter speed
2019-6-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans0c7b340c Posted at 6-19 20:10

It might have been

But they have removed the ability to delete posts for all, I see this is already posted above :-)
2019-6-27
Use props
earlstudios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337083 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes!!!! i noticed this too and its horrible.  any time I pan, or move in a horizontal manner I get this abrupt "catch up" quick movement.  I missed the window to return mine so now i'm stuck with it and i'm hoping this is one of the issues that they will address in a firmare update
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules