Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bali - Flying low, over water, through a pagoda, Sanur
589 15 2019-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Si_Co
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22936 ft
Australia

2019-6-15
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage - liked the reverse reveal over the water
2019-6-15
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Nicely done, great video!
2019-6-16
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Great video! Thanks for sharing it!
2019-6-16
Use props
Alex1976
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

Awesome location. Good video
2019-6-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
Always a bit scary when the drone is so low above the water!
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Si_Co. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video you have captured in Bali. Wonderful work and thank you for your support.
2019-6-17
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Can you explain the shot?  Did you go forward through the pagoda to get everything aligned and then for the real shot just have the gimbal turn upward and pull straight back on the right stick (no changing altitude or direction)?

I'm always curious how people think through and execute reverse shots like this.

Thanks!
2019-6-18
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

BKahuna Posted at 6-18 09:14
Can you explain the shot?  Did you go forward through the pagoda to get everything aligned and then for the real shot just have the gimbal turn upward and pull straight back on the right stick (no changing altitude or direction)?

I'm always curious how people think through and execute reverse shots like this.

BKahuna, I’d practiced it a couple of time, had a few runs.  It was filmed backwards, and not reversing the footage in post.  I had the drone over the sea, gimbal pointing down, with me standing directly behind the pagoda.  As I pulled the drone towards me I levelled the gimbal whilst at the same time ensuring the drone was at the right height and orientation to pass through the pagoda.  Unfortunately I was unable to get myself out of the shot due to the position of the pagoda relative to the water and the shore.
2019-6-18
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Si_Co Posted at 6-18 21:46
BKahuna, I’d practiced it a couple of time, had a few runs.  It was filmed backwards, and not reversing the footage in post.  I had the drone over the sea, gimbal pointing down, with me standing directly behind the pagoda.  As I pulled the drone towards me I levelled the gimbal whilst at the same time ensuring the drone was at the right height and orientation to pass through the pagoda.  Unfortunately I was unable to get myself out of the shot due to the position of the pagoda relative to the water and the shore.

Nice work! and thanks for the explanation.
2019-6-19
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Si_Co Posted at 6-18 21:46

Still a great video, and no problem with you being in it.... and liked the music as well
2019-6-19
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Tomcatuk Posted at 6-19 23:39
Still a great video, and no problem with you being in it.... and liked the music as well

Cheers for the comments.  I try not to show my face in my videos but on this occasion it couldn’t be avoided.
2019-6-20
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

very nice video and edit, good flying. I would not dare this.
2019-6-20
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Very nicely done
2019-6-20
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

chiplifter Posted at 6-20 02:34
very nice video and edit, good flying. I would not dare this.

chiplifter, thanks for the comments.  I really like these types of shots - flying backwards, low between things, or over water.  They usually take a few attempts and I am standing directly behind the drone during the shot, watching it like a hawk.
2019-6-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice flight!
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules