Mavic 2 Pro and DJI are horrible
1371 15 2019-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MackkDavis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29843 ft
United States

I brought my Mavic 2 Pro in the end of April to take some awesome pictures and video in Greece. While in Greece the Drone began to turn on but all 4 lights remained red. I called and emailed support with no help. I took out memory card, I downgraded firmware, I tried everything.
And the bad thing is the first time I called DJI was 3 weeks after having it and was told their return policy was 14 days. Spending $1500 on a product, my only option shouldn't be a refurbished product after 3 weeks of light use!
drone red light.jpg
2019-6-16
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Return policy for full monetary refund is typically 14 days but the drone has a twelve-month manufactures warranty against defects on the drone that is not your fault so you should be able to return the drone directly to DJI. They will carry out a diagnostic and if deemed to be a fault with the drone they will need to replace it with another one that works. Hopefully a moderator on here will be able to help you.
2019-6-16
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi, probably you already did ... but did you calibrate the IMU ?
Blinking red means IMU needs calibration.
Solid red means a critical error. Then you should indeed contact DJI support.
Also try to upgrade the firmware using "DJI Assistent 2 for mavic" on a pc and a USB connection direct to the drone. Do the same for the  controller.
succes !
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi MackkDavis, we're sorry to read the frustrations and troubles you had. May I have the email you used in sending the email? I tried using your Forum account but gave me no results. Please do reach us again for further assistance. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-6-16
Use props
Steve1978
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello mate, Sorry that you are having these problems, DJI are notorious for avoiding their responsibilities in after sales care. The drones they have have a reputation as being the "best" but they truely are not, Parrot are much better,

I have had my problems with my Mavic,  infact tonight it flew backwards in to a bush, despite the drone being in normal operation mode and despite me fighting the controls to make the drone stop, go higher, go the opposite direction.....DO SOMETHING other than stroll backwards in to a bush...... yet it strolled backwards in to a bush. (2 weeks old also)

I have come to terms now that this drone will just do what ever it wants. DJI dont give 2 f....!

DJI do not certify their products after point of sale.
2019-6-16
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.3
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-16 05:05
Return policy for full monetary refund is typically 14 days but the drone has a twelve-month manufactures warranty against defects on the drone that is not your fault so you should be able to return the drone directly to DJI. They will carry out a diagnostic and if deemed to be a fault with the drone they will need to replace it with another one that works. Hopefully a moderator on here will be able to help you.

Just purchased the Goggles RE, there is no return policy, you open the box you own it. After one use the Goggles RE stopped booting, takes several power cycles to get them to start.
2019-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Refurb is not your only option , refurb or new .
2019-6-16
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airheadbit Posted at 6-16 09:08
Just purchased the Goggles RE, there is no return policy, you open the box you own it. After one use the Goggles RE stopped booting, takes several power cycles to get them to start.
No warranty on Goggle’s? That ain’t good
2019-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AJC-W Posted at 6-16 11:02
No warranty on Goggle’s? That ain’t good

This is the returns policy for all dji products including Goggles.

2019-6-16
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 11:12
This is the returns policy for all dji products including Goggles.

[view_image]

Thanks for that - so he should be able to return for replacement.
2019-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AJC-W Posted at 6-16 11:16
Thanks for that - so he should be able to return for replacement.

Yes he can .
2019-6-16
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thought as much - thanks for clarifying mate.
2019-6-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Steve1978 Posted at 6-16 09:01
Hello mate, Sorry that you are having these problems, DJI are notorious for avoiding their responsibilities in after sales care. The drones they have have a reputation as being the "best" but they truely are not, Parrot are much better,

I have had my problems with my Mavic,  infact tonight it flew backwards in to a bush, despite the drone being in normal operation mode and despite me fighting the controls to make the drone stop, go higher, go the opposite direction.....DO SOMETHING other than stroll backwards in to a bush...... yet it strolled backwards in to a bush. (2 weeks old also)

infact tonight it flew backwards in to a bush, despite the drone being in normal operation mode and despite me fighting the controls to make the drone stop, go higher, go the opposite direction

What did Flight Log show the drone was being commanded to do by GO-4 / R.C.?  

2019-6-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

my only option shouldn't be a refurbished product after 3 weeks of light use!

Have you sent your original Mavic 2 in to DJI?
Have you gotten back a refurbished Mavic 2?

2019-6-16
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United States

I find purchasing from a reputable store such as Apple is the best way to benefit from after good sales support. I never purchase from the manufacturer directly as DJI are not the only ones who are lees than supportive when it comes to resolving issues. Hope you get it fixed soon.
2019-6-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the horrible experience, DJI drones are usually great to fly and take pix with.  Hopefully you can get everything squared away and move forward with taking drone pix.
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules