How do I make telemetry visible when watching flight videos?
3173 10 2019-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have seen videos on you tube that look like screen captures of what I see on my phone or tablet when actually flying but when I play back my own videos, either off the drone's memory card or from the phone/tablet, I see only the video and no telemetry. I wouldn't mind being able to see the telemetry on my own videos when I want to.
Thanks

2019-6-16
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

I use a Screen capture app ...

DUrecorder on my Android.

Its very small and does not hog resources.
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The file in the SD card and the application would not show telemetry as our application doesn't have this kind of capability. However, this can be achieved when doing a screen recording on your mobile device while flying the drone but the recorded file will be saved in the memory of your phone. Thank you for understanding.
2019-6-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Rather than record what's on the mobile device's flight app, there is also this option:

It's overlayed log telemetry from software called Dashware but it takes quite a bit of time and patience to master.  The above is not my video.  
2019-6-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blimey I didn't realise Arizona was so high, thanks folks I will look into the software, ta.
2019-6-16
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

You can also set Subtitle info in GO ... but the info is saved in a separate file. If you play back the HD camera video - and subtitle file is in same directory ... same name - it will overlay.

You can use software to combine the two files if you want. Handbrake is a simple app to do it on your PC.

The subtitle file is editable in a simple text editor - so you can choose what info and in which order it is displayed.  But do not alter the time line numbering as that sets the video point.

So ... you can create telemetry subtitle file for the HD camera video ... edit the subtitle file - then combine to the video. Load to editor and create final video.
or
use a screen recorder to create a low res capture.

Here's DURecorder screen capture :

Here's the HD camera video without combining the subtitle file :

Here's the same HD camera video with telemetry file combined via Handbrake

No need for fancy apps ... its all there !
2019-6-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Solent ta, I am boing to be busy lol. What make all the white 'dots' on the ice inthe first video? Some of them look to be almost in path ways, others  not.
2019-6-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

White dots in the ice ... usually they are where the Ice Fishing guys have been ... but this is too early and ice is too thin. No idea ....

But at least you see that its not rocket science to get the data into the video ... and no need for high faluting apps etc.
2019-6-17
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

You can use the Airdrop app for Android, there is a tool that is Screen Recorder, very easy by the way.
2019-6-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

I used a number of Screen Capture apps on Android ... and DURecorder gave smallest overhead and easiest function ... but thats my PoV
2019-6-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looking into this today, one question has come to mind, where does the drone get its time stamps from? ahhh looking at an explanation of the column headings of the csv output of Datcon it might be GPS time
2019-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules