Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal gyroscope error
9357 6 2019-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desert Toad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1176624 ft
United States

I’ve had my Mavic Pro for about a year and a half, never even had a hard landing.  But during my last flight the camera got blurry and the gimbal sort of hung it’s head down.  Now I have this error.  I have recalibrated the compass and IMU multiple times with no luck.  When I first turn the drone on, the gimbal moves all around like always during startup.  Do I need to send it in, or is there a fix I’m missing?
Thanks!
37693B1A-9FFF-4A98-BFFB-F76C30BAC5DD.png
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if the application and firmware version of your Mavic Pro is up to date? You may consider refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and re-calibrate the gimbal to see if there will be changes. Also, you may try to use different mobile devices to check if the error message would persist. Try to restart the aircraft several times. After multiple attempts, if the situation would persist, please send in the aircraft for further evaluation using the link. We do appreciate your understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-6-16
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1176624 ft
United States

Thanks for the reply Tony.  I refreshed the firmware using the DJI Assistant, there was a version from last September that hadn't update through the app.  That still didn't help my problem.  I then tried to calibrate using the Assistant without any luck.  It was trying to use the forward sensors, but the only images were coming from the bottom sensors.  
2019-6-16
Use props
RockQueen
lvl.1
United States

I have been troubled by intermittent operation of my drone for some time now. Never had any rough landings. At one point the gimbal control to tilt the camera stopped responding. I upgraded firmware to the latest using DJI assistant 2 and even refreshed firmware in both the MAVIC PRO and controller. I have been able to fly the craft at times recently but the camera tilt doesnt respond. I get this GIMBAL GYROSCOPE error but I can still fly the MAVIC PRO. If I tilt the aircraft in my hand the camera does maintain where its pointed. I tried the GIMBAL calibration procedure launched from the DJI android app and the pop up screen I get locks up the entire DJI GO 4 APP with the following message.

"TIPS
Gimbal calibration is complete. Do not move the aircraft."

That is one very confusing message.

I have to restart the android to restart the  DJI GO 4 app.

I have calibrated the IMU and compass successfully.

What is the next step here ???
2019-8-13
Use props
RockQueen
lvl.1
United States

RockQueen Posted at 8-13 13:09
I have been troubled by intermittent operation of my drone for some time now. Never had any rough landings. At one point the gimbal control to tilt the camera stopped responding. I upgraded firmware to the latest using DJI assistant 2 and even refreshed firmware in both the MAVIC PRO and controller. I have been able to fly the craft at times recently but the camera tilt doesnt respond. I get this GIMBAL GYROSCOPE error but I can still fly the MAVIC PRO. If I tilt the aircraft in my hand the camera does maintain where its pointed. I tried the GIMBAL calibration procedure launched from the DJI android app and the pop up screen I get locks up the entire DJI GO 4 APP with the following message.

"TIPS

After some patient troubleshooting, I was able to get the aircraft to act normally. This indication to me was shortly after powering up the craft, the camera on the gimbal would cycle through its range of motions and settle pointing out perfectly horizontal with the horizon. In this state, I was able to run the gimbal calibration completely through to successful completion. I took the craft through a takeoff up to 100 feet, spun around and tilt the camera with no issue. When I went up a bit higher, all of a sudden the camera gimbal started to flail around mindlessly ending up in a downward pointing angle. I actually was recording this and caught the entire malfunction on video. I brought the craft back down and landed.

What I notice when upon power-up is the gimbal will cycle through its range of motions, once and sometimes twice and then settle pointing downward. In this state the tilt does not work. It is only when the gimbal settles quickly after power up to its horizon angle will the gimbal respond to the tilt control.

In flight this issue has happened a number of times. I get the sense the vibration of the aircraft may be affecting a cable while in flight.
2019-8-13
Use props
RockQueen
lvl.1
United States

RockQueen Posted at 8-13 15:43
After some patient troubleshooting, I was able to get the aircraft to act normally. This indication to me was shortly after powering up the craft, the camera on the gimbal would cycle through its range of motions and settle pointing out perfectly horizontal with the horizon. In this state, I was able to run the gimbal calibration completely through to successful completion. I took the craft through a takeoff up to 100 feet, spun around and tilt the camera with no issue. When I went up a bit higher, all of a sudden the camera gimbal started to flail around mindlessly ending up in a downward pointing angle. I actually was recording this and caught the entire malfunction on video. I brought the craft back down and landed.

What I notice when upon power-up is the gimbal will cycle through its range of motions, once and sometimes twice and then settle pointing downward. In this state the tilt does not work. It is only when the gimbal settles quickly after power up to its horizon angle will the gimbal respond to the tilt control.

oh and the GIMBAL GYROSCOPE ERROR disappeared when the GIMBAL was acting normally.

Cable issue ?  Intermittent GYROSCOPE ?
2019-8-13
Use props
djiuser_klCBlZX441Bk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38802 ft
Belgium

Boas o meu drone caiu agora aparece os seguintes erros.
Gimbal gyroscope erro
Hardware malfunction
Gimbal obstrued
Algum conselho para resolver estes erros.
2022-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules