Pre-owned Mavic Air and DJI Care Refresh?
3897 6 2019-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numpsy
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi folks,

I am considering buying a Mavic Air from a reputable online retailer in Sweden. The drone has been previously bought by someone who then returned it to the store, so there's a possibility the drone has been flown but I have no way of verifying this without buying it.

When I ask their support if it is possible to buy DJI Refresh Care for the drone, they flat out say it is not possible.
Is this really the case?
As I understand it, it should be possible to provide DJI with a video where it is shown the drone works?

If I buy the drone - how can I check how much it has been flown and if it is "legit", i.e eligible for DJI Care Refresh and such?

I hope my questions makes sense and I would be grateful for all tips and pointers you might have!

2019-6-16
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you buy the drone brand new you activate it using your own DJI account then have 48 hours to purchase care refresh with no questions asked. If 48 hours has passed after initial activation then you can send a video to DJI to review the case and they may allow you to purchase care refresh. However, I do not believe care refresh is offered on second hand units. If you buy this drone you will not be able activate it against your own account as previously owned/activated drones can not be deactivated as the activation coincides with the 12 month manufacturers warranty and would effectively reset the 12 month count down. You can still fly it using your DJI account on your device but will not be able purchase care refresh. As a side note, I would question why the drone was returned and why the vendor did not return it DJI... Seems a little dodgy to me to the extent that I wouldn't purchase it.
2019-6-16
Use props
ririlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

I would only buy a second hand drone if the price was really really good price. Maybe the drone was used under light rain who knows!
2019-6-16
Use props
Numpsy
lvl.1
Sweden

AJC-W Posted at 6-16 11:41
If you buy the drone brand new you activate it using your own DJI account then have 48 hours to purchase care refresh with no questions asked. If 48 hours has passed after initial activation then you can send a video to DJI to review the case and they may allow you to purchase care refresh. However, I do not believe care refresh is offered on second hand units. If you buy this drone you will not be able activate it against your own account as previously owned/activated drones can not be deactivated as the activation coincides with the 12 month manufacturers warranty and would effectively reset the 12 month count down. You can still fly it using your DJI account on your device but will not be able purchase care refresh. As a side note, I would question why the drone was returned and why the vendor did not return it DJI... Seems a little dodgy to me to the extent that I wouldn't purchase it.

Thanks for your insights!
I think I will pass on this drone as it might be too much of a hassle, and not a big enough saving to get it.
2019-6-16
Use props
Numpsy
lvl.1
Sweden

ririlan Posted at 6-16 11:47
I would only buy a second hand drone if the price was really really good price. Maybe the drone was used under light rain who knows!

That is a really good point - I have no idea what has happened to the drone. And the saving is not huge - around 15% so I will not get this one. Thanks for your advice!
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the confusion about the DJI Care refresh. For further clarification, you could still possibly purchase the DJI care refresh if the previous owner of this Mavic Air didn't purchase this plan before. However, if the drone has been activated more than 48 hours then this may require you to submit a video verification for purchasing the DJI Care refresh. You may send us the serial number of your drone for further check. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-16
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Numpsy Posted at 6-16 12:04
Thanks for your insights!
I think I will pass on this drone as it might be too much of a hassle, and not a big enough saving to get it.

You're welcome and I think you made a sensible decision.
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules