Mavic Air won't idle
745 6 2019-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gyfletcher
New

United States

Wife gave me Mavic Air for Chrismas. Just took it out of the box here at my summer home. Charged battery. Charged remote. Turned both on and connected without a hitch. (Four white and a green on the remote with a flashing green on the back of the drone). Can hear the fan on the drone. Tuck in diagonally on both joysticks to go to idle, but nothing happens. Tried recycling both units on and off and resynched. Same thing - motors wont spin.  ?? Help.

2019-6-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried doing auto take off? Just to see if it works that way.
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify that the propellers of your aircraft won't spin upon using the remote controller? As Lucas775 mentioned, have you tried to use the auto take-off in the application? Is there any error message in the app? Did you update the firmware of the Mavic Air? I would recommend re-calibrating the remote controller to check the RC. To perform the Control stick command properly, you may refer to the screenshot below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

2019-6-16
Use props
gyfletcher
New

United States

Lucas775 Posted at 6-16 13:39
Have you tried doing auto take off? Just to see if it works that way.

Yes, it took some time. I had downloaded the wrong software version. Once I got the correct version I had to register and go through the tutorial. Still couldn't take off with the remote, but when I did auto-takeoff through the app it spun up and hovered! (my first flight)! After I landed and powered down, I restarted the drone and was able to go to idle and take off WITH the remote.  Don't know why the auto-takeoff should unlock the remote, but hey,  all's well that ends well. Thanks.
2019-6-19
Use props
gyfletcher
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 6-16 14:25
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify that the propellers of your aircraft won't spin upon using the remote controller? As Lucas775 mentioned, have you tried to use the auto take-off in the application? Is there any error message in the app? Did you update the firmware of the Mavic Air? I would recommend re-calibrating the remote controller to check the RC. To perform the Control stick command properly, you may refer to the screenshot below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

Going through auto-takeoff seems to have "unlocked" the remote. (???)

Seems to be okay now.
2019-6-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

gyfletcher Posted at 6-19 12:38
Yes, it took some time. I had downloaded the wrong software version. Once I got the correct version I had to register and go through the tutorial. Still couldn't take off with the remote, but when I did auto-takeoff through the app it spun up and hovered! (my first flight)! After I landed and powered down, I restarted the drone and was able to go to idle and take off WITH the remote.  Don't know why the auto-takeoff should unlock the remote, but hey,  all's well that ends well. Thanks.

Glad you got it going!
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

gyfletcher Posted at 6-19 12:40
Going through auto-takeoff seems to have "unlocked" the remote. (???)

Seems to be okay now.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're glad that you've managed to fix the concern. The remote controller doesn't have for you to unlock it in order to use it, however, it's recommended to link the remote controller to the aircraft and ensure that the firmware is updated to maximize the usage of your drone. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules