Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 PRO - two controllers
7486 15 2019-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kalich5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1428333 ft
Czechia

Hi,

I have a question. It is possible to have two drivers connected to Mavic 2 PRO at the same time.

I have a classic and a smartcontroler. And I want to use them all at once. I know that the Mavic 2 PRO in the latest firmware version has support for two drivers. But I wonder if it will work like this.

Thank you for answer.

2019-6-16
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Yes, it works. Using my smart controller as main and the other as secundairy. Connect first your smart as main, then connecting the other. Be sure to set it as secundairy.
Main controller will override any command given by the secundairy. The camera image is displayd on both.
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, the Mavic 2 Pro supports the dual remote controller feature. You may set the Smart controller as your primary and set the regular remote controller as your secondary. For additional information, kindly ensure that all of your units are up to date before doing the dual RC feature, please see the screenshots below. Thank you for your support.

2019-6-16
Use props
kalich5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1428333 ft
Czechia

Thank you very much for the information.
2019-6-17
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 6-16 14:11
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, the Mavic 2 Pro supports the dual remote controller feature. You may set the Smart controller as your primary and set the regular remote controller as your secondary. For additional information, kindly ensure that all of your units are up to date before doing the dual RC feature, please see the screenshots below. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

Thanks for that - I always wondered how a secondary RC can be used.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AJC-W Posted at 6-18 00:07
Thanks for that - I always wondered how a secondary RC can be used.

You're most welcome. You may refer to the manual that I've provided above for the functionality of the dual remote controller. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-18
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 6-18 11:30
You're most welcome. You may refer to the manual that I've provided above for the functionality of the dual remote controller. Thank you for your support.

Cheers again Tony - seriously considering the Smart Controller this summer and good to know that the standard RC I already have will still have a purpose.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AJC-W Posted at 6-18 12:36
Cheers again Tony - seriously considering the Smart Controller this summer and good to know that the standard RC I already have will still have a purpose.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully, you will have your Smart controller to have a better flight experience with your Mavic 2 Pro.
2019-6-19
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 6-19 12:51
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully, you will have your Smart controller to have a better flight experience with your Mavic 2 Pro.

2019-6-19
Use props
djiuser_4HeIT4NK5qR0
lvl.1

United States

Can one controller operate the camera while the other  controller is used for flying?
2020-7-27
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

djiuser_4HeIT4NK5qR0 Posted at 7-27 02:17
Can one controller operate the camera while the other  controller is used for flying?

Yes. That's the whole idea.

But be aware, the "main" controller overrides all commands of the secundairy. So, you better use the "main" for flying the drone and the "secundairy" to operate the camera.
2020-7-27
Use props
drnamvar
lvl.1
Germany

hi
I used two controllers according to the above method.

During a flight, my smart controller became unresponsive and I had to use DJI goggles to make sure the Mavic 2 returns home.

I have an antenna booster for the secondary controller, and at home during the test, when the main controller is disconnected, the second controller is also disconnected.

My question is, could the second controller have helped in what happened to me?
Or the second controller was also disconnected?
2021-1-13
Use props
SKYREC SPAIN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 607730 ft
Spain

Hello, is it possible to have 2 remote controls and 1 dji goggles connected to the aircraft and have video image on all 3 devices?
2021-5-6
Use props
djiuser_gOw5ibPSHOj4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238150 ft

United States

I can only use the secondary controller as camera operator. Does the master need to be a Smart Controller to allow the secondary to operate the drone?
2023-10-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_gOw5ibPSHOj4 Posted at 10-3 05:11
I can only use the secondary controller as camera operator. Does the master need to be a Smart Controller to allow the secondary to operate the drone?

No, you do not need a smart controller at all.
I use any combination of RC1A and or RC1B  as primary and secondary.
Note the secondary does not record/create flight logs and an RC1B will not create DAT flight logs even if it is the primary.

The operator of the secondary should be able to fly the drone in almost exactly the same way as the operator of the primary can.
I have used the secondary as the ONLY controller connected to the drone i.e. I didn't switch the primary on.
HOWEVER the secondary CAN NOT access all the control menus.
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_gOw5ibPSHOj4 Posted at 10-3 05:11
I can only use the secondary controller as camera operator. Does the master need to be a Smart Controller to allow the secondary to operate the drone?

Hi there. As mentioned by our fellow Captain, Sean in the post above, there is no need to use a smart controller to have the two controllers working on your Mavic 2 series aircraft. Please follow the steps provided by DJI Tony above to have this set up. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.  
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules