4K motion timelapse of noctilucent clouds (NLC)
1017 7 2019-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
olros
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Went out last night to take a 4K motion timelapse of Noctilucent Clouds (NLC) with osmo pocket:

Not bad for this litte cam, Canon DSLR produced better quality, though:

2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day olros. Thank you for sharing these beautiful 4K motion timelapse videos you have created. Beautiful work and thank you for your support.
2019-6-17
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

That was an awesome timelapse... The boat zooming by was a great moment as well
2019-6-17
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I really enjoy doing timelapses.  I'm looking forward to doing some with the Osmo Pocket.  Did you program the gimbal to move, or are you using a motorized dolly/tripod head?
2019-6-17
Use props
olros
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Neo Supreme Posted at 6-17 09:29
I really enjoy doing timelapses.  I'm looking forward to doing some with the Osmo Pocket.  Did you program the gimbal to move, or are you using a motorized dolly/tripod head?

Gimbal has been programmed to pan. That works really great with osmo pocket and is very stable - no need for any additional device or after process stabilization.

Video has been rendered from jpg footage because out of cam timelapse video has only full hd resolution.

Would be great if we could choose to save raw images too with timelapse, but this already has been requested before by other users ...
2019-6-17
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

olros Posted at 6-17 15:41
Gimbal has been programmed to pan. That works really great with osmo pocket and is very stable - no need for any additional device or after process stabilization.

Video has been rendered from jpg footage because out of cam timelapse video has only full hd resolution.

Okay.  My last few timelapses were with the GoPro 6, with the raw format.  Now all I have to do, is figure where I'm going to use the gimbal pan for my next timelapse.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice timelapse video, thanks for sharing.
2019-6-19
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Very nice indeed! How could I miss this post?! I've been planning to try to shoot NLC's with the Osmo Pocket just to see if it was possible to get some decent footage (as well as with my DSLR of course). So far it has been a pretty amazing season for noctilucent clouds! Well done, I'm impressed!
2019-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules