Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using Litchi waypoints out of country?
749 6 2019-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuserCCO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

I'm using the Litchi app on my Smart Controller now and it works great!
I'll be travelling to Mexico soon. Was wondering if i created a few waypoint routes up here where i live in Canada and saved them. Can i go to Mexico and fly those saved routes without any map downloads of the area? I won't have wifi from where i'll be flying from down there.
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback and recommendation that you may need when using this third-party application ( Litchi ). In addition and just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a third party applications like the Litchi application because we are unable to ensure the compatibility and performance. We do appreciate your understanding and support. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi great to hear it’s working well for you same here, yes it’s fine to set missions from different countries, the accuracy may not be 100% but will be close, make sure when you get there no new obstacles in your way. Enjoy Mexico.
2019-6-17
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 11:44
Hi great to hear it’s working well for you same here, yes it’s fine to set missions from different countries, the accuracy may not be 100% but will be close, make sure when you get there no new obstacles in your way. Enjoy Mexico.
That'a good to know. The routes i'll be planning from home will be safe routes. All away from land, basically above the ocean following the beach line about 20 to 30 meters out tracing the bay......then looping around maybe 100m out back to the start.
Just treating it like a cable cam where i can work the camera independently and i'll also control the speed. So nothing too fancy......hopefully it works down there. If not i'll just free fly in the bay.
2019-6-17
Use props
Socal Al

United States

Lucky you, I’m having issues, camera screen controls not working, incorrect battery info as well as RTH
Did you download from amazon or google?
2019-6-21
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.4
Canada

Socal Al Posted at 6-21 09:37
Lucky you, I’m having issues, camera screen controls not working, incorrect battery info as well as RTH
Did you download from amazon or google?

I downloaded the Litchi app from the Amazon Appstore.
My camera works well from the screen. BUT when i take videos and photos, they are not on my Smart Controller. I have to take the micro SD card out of my Zoom. Then put it in the Smart Controller to view whatever i filmed.
Other than that everything seems to work. The Litchi app works a lot better than Waypoint 2.0. Love how the waypoints are joined by smooth curves and the video that goes along with it is seamless. And of course planning routes without the drone on is awesome.
How did you download the Litchi app?
2019-6-21
Use props
mr.jipi_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73248 ft
Canada

djiuserCCO Posted at 2019-6-21 18:11
I downloaded the Litchi app from the Amazon Appstore.
My camera works well from the screen. BUT when i take videos and photos, they are not on my Smart Controller. I have to take the micro SD card out of my Zoom. Then put it in the Smart Controller to view whatever i filmed.
Other than that everything seems to work. The Litchi app works a lot better than Waypoint 2.0. Love how the waypoints are joined by smooth curves and the video that goes along with it is seamless. And of course planning routes without the drone on is awesome.

How did you download the Litchi app? Is there any difference between the Google Play version and the Amazon one ? I'm wondering which one I should get... and how! Thanks!
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules