o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 11-3 00:40
mhhh, who is downvoting your comments ? ... you got a hater ,

I ll try balance it DRO

Doesn’t matter to me. As we already understand the psychology of people with low or no self esteem.

They grovel in the flotsam and jetsam of our lives... Eh, some or one fellow here, has a chip on his or her shoulder. Hahaha yes, she has poor forum netiquette. I’d bet they aren’t on my friends list!., sweetness

& Jealousy will get them no where. That’s why it’s a one in ten commandment, sin.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-3 12:39
Doesn’t matter to me. As we already understand the psychology of people with low or no self esteem.

They grovel in the flotsam and jetsam of our lives... Eh, some or one fellow here, has a chip on his or her shoulder. Hahaha yes, she has poor forum netiquette. I’d bet they aren’t on my friends list!., sweetness

One of my Favourite Bands ..

2019-11-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

..album tittle said all
2019-11-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Does it teach? Can it learn? Are you sure it's right?
One that's young sees the circled "are", does he buy it?
What the fuck! Can't he buy what he wants to hear?
You muzzle us, we'll muscle you! You'll live in demented fear.

Is it good for us or harmful? Does it enlighten or repress?
Our children need to know what's going on and that our world is a mess.
What the fuck! Can't we say what we think anymore?
Clean up the world, and we'll be singing praises forever more...

Can't you see, you're ripping away our independence,
No one cares but you.
There's never a way to stop the music,
If you're hard on us, we're gonna be hard on you, H.O.Y!
Can't you see, you're ripping away our independence,
No one cares but you.
There's never a way to stop the music,

2019-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rock on, forever more...

RedHotPoker
2019-11-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 11-3 04:42
As you found out .... deep cycling does not correct a battery. You may have a temporary apparent fix ... but it soon recurs.

Interested to ask why the Downvote for a 'factual comment' .... is there something wrong with my posting that Deep Discharge does nothing to correct a battery ?

If its due to some misguided idea that I am downvoting anyone - I can say hand on heart - I haven't downvoted anyone for a very long time ...
2019-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I’m more keen on why the downvote choice is even an option here.

Other than for those with low self esteem to attempt at some form of feeling a fraction of what normal satisfaction is and requires.

It seems like a pointless action, by rather thoughtless people, who can’t voice their feelings, but must cower behind a webpage tab.;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-11-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

To be honest why have Up or Down vote ? If a person feels sufficiently moved about a post - let them post or PM the relevant ...

I
2019-11-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 11-4 13:52
Interested to ask why the Downvote for a 'factual comment' .... is there something wrong with my posting that Deep Discharge does nothing to correct a battery ?

If its due to some misguided idea that I am downvoting anyone - I can say hand on heart - I haven't downvoted anyone for a very long time ...

Amazing ... even this quoted post has a Downvote against it ...

Grow up whoever is playing this game ... or stop hiding behind a mouse click ... show yourself.
2019-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Thanks for the great notes.

RedHotPoker
798E6551-85E0-4FE9-BF7A-52B3B3B2FD82.jpeg
2019-11-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

solentlife Posted at 11-4 23:49
Amazing ... even this quoted post has a Downvote against it ...

Grow up whoever is playing this game ... or stop hiding behind a mouse click ... show yourself.

Dont worry for the haters , i balanced the emotions ;)

2019-11-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

TBH - makes no odds to me if people want to play silly games with votes ... its just interesting why ? Especially as its anonymous anyway !
2019-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Funny people.

Simple people are easily amused.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont think the votes should be anonymous, that would deffo get rid of the rouge voting......

As for doing the deep cycle, doesnt the inspire actually recommend this in the app?

I myself do a deep cycle every so often (maybe twice a year), the way i look at it, it cant do any harm and hasnt so for about, 3 years i think it is still on the original P4P battery , + 6 months for previous owner.
2019-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Deep cycle them flight packs, kids. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-11-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-5 18:32
I dont think the votes should be anonymous, that would deffo get rid of the rouge voting......

As for doing the deep cycle, doesnt the inspire actually recommend this in the app?

As long as you don't go too low - of course it will not do any harm.

ALL DJI models in fact had advice to Deep Cycle ... usually quoted as every 20th cycle. But now the later battery advice has omitted it.  Inspire 1 is not exactly latest model !!

There is one small benefit though - if you can call it that ... the full cycle discharge / charge can reset the electronic chip counter for capacity ... but that's about all.

It only needs searching online about LiPo maintenance . care and you will find out deep cycle is not recc'd. A DJI battery is only a LiPo with a fancy board stuck on the front.
2019-11-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I love that little board, stuck on the front of me. Hahaha
Glad they bored a hole in it...
Plus I get a little bored, with some of these mindless threads....

RedHotPoker
2019-11-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

2019-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What's the blender for??
2019-11-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 11-7 07:59
As long as you don't go too low - of course it will not do any harm.

ALL DJI models in fact had advice to Deep Cycle ... usually quoted as every 20th cycle. But now the later battery advice has omitted it.  Inspire 1 is not exactly latest model !!

Didnt know the Inspire was that old, i came on board around the inception of the Inspire 2 i believe, i just the info up on it regards to the battery elsewhere

Its been the resetting of said chip my entire reason for doing the deep cycle, i prefer my batteries to mean what they say as opposed to app percentage being the incorrect value. ie, if the app says its 97 percent on take off, thats what i expect it to be, it gives me a little more sense of security in the knowledge that ive done as much as i can to minimise a battery issue, doesnt stop me flying into to a tree mind but hey ho, thats not important, back on topic, eh!.....
2019-11-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-7 18:30
Didnt know the Inspire was that old, i came on board around the inception of the Inspire 2 i believe, i just the info up on it regards to the battery elsewhere

Its been the resetting of said chip my entire reason for doing the deep cycle, i prefer my batteries to mean what they say as opposed to app percentage being the incorrect value. ie, if the app says its 97 percent on take off, thats what i expect it to be, it gives me a little more sense of security in the knowledge that ive done as much as i can to minimise a battery issue, doesnt stop me flying into to a tree mind but hey ho, thats not important, back on topic, eh!.....

Agreed ...

Cheers
2019-11-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-7 17:49
What's the blender for??

That frozen concoction that helps me hang on...
2019-11-8
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-18 05:05
Exactly - all you need is three batteries and a reliable charging solution nearby and to plan in the battery cooling, recharge and flight times in advance and have back up charging for the RC and devices. With the right planning and weather conditons you can do 12 or 15 flights in one day on three batteries. Though I don't fly commercially so two or three flights and I'm done for the week these days

Not likely. On a hot summer day it may take an hour for a battery to cool down enough to even begin charging. Then add another hour to charge it.

We fly commercially and have 6 batteries per drone. Time is money. I'd rather spend $900 on batteries than wait around for them to charge. Even with careful planning lots of unforeseen circumstances could shuttle your charge plan.
2019-11-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-8 13:42
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on...

Yeah? Are you allowed to fly after partaking of that?

(There is hope for drunken drone pilots yet...)
2019-11-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-8 14:59
Yeah? Are you allowed to fly after partaking of that?

(There is hope for drunken drone pilots yet...)

No, man, it's for AFTERWARDS.  I need something to calm me down...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyxrdphjay3iwqg/P3_85430feet.mp4?dl=0

Note:  I am not the pilot here, nonetheless, flights like this make my hands shake...
2019-11-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-8 17:32

Ah, I see. I can identify with those, I am about to do battle with a lot of trees.
2019-11-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 11-8 17:48
Ah, I see. I can identify with those, I am about to do battle with a lot of trees.

Geoff, I’ve have been thinking about, and of, all our friends down under, while watching the news tonight, which were all showing more of the fires from California to your Australian country, & feeling some strong emotions...

I hope you are in completely safe surroundings, with an escape plan, if it ever came to that...
Battle with trees, sounds better than fighting fires... please work safe and careful.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Still with my original four.

Phantom 3 Pro flight packs.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

Skyveyor112 Posted at 11-8 14:16
Not likely. On a hot summer day it may take an hour for a battery to cool down enough to even begin charging. Then add another hour to charge it.

We fly commercially and have 6 batteries per drone. Time is money. I'd rather spend $900 on batteries than wait around for them to charge. Even with careful planning lots of unforeseen circumstances could shuttle your charge plan.

Coolbox is a lot cheaper than more batterys .....

TBH - if its that hot that batterys take so long to cool down - then it must be limiting to the battery in all manner !
I have friends in UAE that fly and charge without trouble .... just needs a little thought.
2019-11-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For me, i find 4 batteries to be just enough for buddy flying, what i mean by that, i will explain..

I have 3 dogs as you may have noticed, 2 are rescues from a puppy farm, the other was a 8wk puppy from said farm (but thats a whole other story), at least 1 gets serious separation anxiety so i dont like to them them too long, 5hrs is about the max, normally no more than 4 hours. so, with that in mind,  that should give me about 20 to 25mins per battery on the high capacity ones (only ones i have). Now, take in to account i fly with a buddy, so i have to factor in talk time with 4 small cups of coffee, 1 before each flight, that normally takes us to around the 4 hour mark in total. But normally we only get time for 3 flights as the talk time exceeds the alloted time frame lol

Plus, If i am using the DJI goggles for every flight, by the beginning of the 4th flight they start to hurt my forehead, by the end of it i could bin the bloody things, they becomes so uncomfortable for me, its unreal, no way on this earth could i use them for a 5th flight. Thats my only gripe about them....

Anyway, carry on......
2019-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I find having my four flight packs quite sufficient and mostly adequate.  

Having two DJI 100w chargers is handy too. Cuts my charging time in half.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-11
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

To revamp my previous ... I have 3 batterys + P3Pro charger + P3S charger .... but the charger I use because it charges 3 batterys and controller all simultaneously is the 4in1 charger ... which cost me the princely sum of less than $50.
It charges all 3 EACH at same rate as the Pro charger from DJI ... none of that sequential rubbish that I see some do. I have 3 batterys fully charged in same time as DJI charger does 1.

Then of course if really needed - I have a car charger of 70W ....
2019-11-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have as much batteries as the chargers can hold.  The Inspire has 4 batteries but it has 2 high-wattage chargers.  It came with it.
2019-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If Smart Power Charger, ever decides its time to lower their ridiculous high prices, in the next short while, I’d be all over one of these bad boys...

DC4DD358-FB29-442E-917E-5E539DD3357A.jpeg

CB4687AE-AE6F-4571-AB8C-EAE634DA30D7.png
Compare the SmartPowerCharge to the DJI HUB

The SPCp3 is a commercial grade QUAD Charging Station designed and built exclusively for the DJI SMART BATTERY (LiPo) that is used in your Phantom p3. This system is MICRO-PROCESSOR controlled with built in Over-Voltage protection, Over-Loading Protection and Temperature Control on power supply input. The Short-Circuit protection on power supply input insures safe operation while charging the batteries. The SCPp3 also monitors the voltage and temperature to each battery insuring that each battery is charged safely eliminating damage and LIPO safety concerns.
The system is capable of charging or deep cycling 4 DJI Smart Batteries simultaneously, your iPhone, or any USB device and 2 rechargeable remote controls (via 2, 26v charging ports on the end of device), all at the same time. You can even DEEP CYCLE selected batteries while charging others. When you put a SLOT in DEEP CYCLE MODE, we LOCK discharge at low voltage down to 8%. After the battery reaches 8%, the system will automatically charge the battery to full capacity. A must have for serious Phantom p3 users.

Price: 389.95

RedHotPoker
2019-11-11
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

One factor that affects most 3rd party chargers and I never see mentioned.

If you take a DJI battery down to its shut off point ... about 3.0v per cell - with the poor control of that board over the cells - its quite likely one cell or more dips BELOW 3.0v and then that lovely 3rd party charger will NOT charge that battery. Because for simple reason it defaults out. The only way to charge that battery is by using a DJI charger or such as the 4 in 1 which are regulated 17.4v outputs .... they basically force the battery to charge. Programmed chargers will report error in LiPo mode.

This I know as fact as I have a bench of LiPo progammable chargers that I can use for my DJI as well as the 4 in 1 ... P3P ... P3S chargers. I have also had pals in my club tell me their 3rd party chargers have not charged seriously discharged DJI batterys as well.

My advice if you are using any 3rd party charger - be careful how low you go with that deep discharge !! In fact - I would strongly suggest NEVER deep discharge !
2019-11-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-8 17:32

Awesome Video !!
2019-11-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hopefully Smart Power Charger have that threshold figured out already.

Or I’m quite certain we’d have discovered something contrary about them.

RedHotPoker
2019-11-12
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-12 00:39
Hopefully Smart Power Charger have that threshold figured out already.

Or I’m quite certain we’d have discovered something contrary about them.

At $390 ... I sincerely hope so !!!
I appreciate its capabilities ... but WOW ... I can buy seven 4 in 1 chargers for that money ...

I wasn't targeting that charger in fact - I was just pointing out the fact that programmable chargers - most are set on the 3.0v per cell on LiPo's as the 'rock bottom' figure. If a cell drops below that - which I know can and does happen often with DJI batterys pushed too low ... the programmable charger will not work. If the charger has NiXX mode - then it can ... by virtue of ignoring LiPo 'rules' ... but you better stop it once the cells rise over 3.3V and revert to LiPo HV mode ...
2019-11-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyveyor112 Posted at 11-8 14:16
Not likely. On a hot summer day it may take an hour for a battery to cool down enough to even begin charging. Then add another hour to charge it.

We fly commercially and have 6 batteries per drone. Time is money. I'd rather spend $900 on batteries than wait around for them to charge. Even with careful planning lots of unforeseen circumstances could shuttle your charge plan.

If I flew commercially then I'd ensure enough batteries for the job in hand as the batteries become tools for the job so costs are less down the list of priorities but indeed, if it is so hot at your flight location that you have to wait an hour for a battery to be cool enough before you can even charge it then I'd rather be on a beach myself than flying a drone!
2019-11-12
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 11-12 10:22
If I flew commercially then I'd ensure enough batteries for the job in hand as the batteries become tools for the job so costs are less down the list of priorities but indeed, if it is so hot at your flight location that you have to wait an hour for a battery to be cool enough before you can even charge it then I'd rather be on a beach myself than flying a drone!

Not many beaches in WV, but I agree. Got a business to run though so no beaches of us
2019-11-12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules