588 3 2019-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc01be532
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102264 ft
United States

Hello all,

I am a new part 107 pilot.  I recently request and was granted FAA authorization to fly in a controlled airspace very near a major airport to film a sporting event.  My question is, even though I have authorization, will the Mavic 2 geo fencing allow it?  Is there something else I need to do?  Thanks in advance!

Tom
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. There is a possibility that the app requires you to unlock a specific location if the location you are flying with is within the DJI No-Fly zone area. I will highly recommend you to check the DJI Geomap for us to know if your location is within the NO-FLY zone area for you to unlock the location before flying. I will also post a link wherein you can check if that location is in the no-fly zone area. For further questions, you may contact our designated department at flysafe@dji.com. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-6-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you are ready to fly the app will let you activate a flight by asking some questions.
2019-6-18
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

Use your mobile no to verify the user and then you will be granted permission to fly.
2019-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules