How to make all D-cinelike footage non-HDR look HDR.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Increase Sat by 20% in Post.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide their tips in regards to your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Increase Sat by 20% in Post.

Are you just writing shlte just to get ya DJI credits up there?

Where do you get this info from? HDR is from with regards to better details from darker and brighter areas, saturation alone does NOT do this, that just ups the colour strength

EDIT: I should add that d-cinelike is already getting a lot out of HDR, if you youre on about making your fottage look like the image below (colour wise) then youve probably nailed it lol

2019-6-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-21 19:25

Where do you get this info from? HDR is from with regards to better details from darker and brighter areas, saturation alone does NOT do this, that just ups the colour strength

+20% Sat makes it look like HDR.  Of course, real HDR1000 is the next level next gen s* but it makes it less flat in the colors.
2019-6-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-21 19:53
+20% Sat makes it look like HDR.  Of course, real HDR1000 is the next level next gen s* but it makes it less flat in the colors.

It would be a great deal of help to new people on here if you did not keep posting this crap. You don't know what you are doing at the best of times, and are not qualified to pass on advice.
2019-6-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-21 20:23
It would be a great deal of help to new people on here if you did not keep posting this crap. You don't know what you are doing at the best of times, and are not qualified to pass on advice.

I have a CRG9 (HDR1000) on a 2080 Ti.  If having 1st hand experience doesn't make the qualification requirements then you are an idiot.
2019-6-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-21 21:30
I have a CRG9 (HDR1000) on a 2080 Ti.  If having 1st hand experience doesn't make the qualification requirements then you are an idiot.

I have a life time of working with cameras, plus a PRX1200 with left-hand 1/34" BSP cranked to 3,500 PSI, and running on 30/30 Methyl Alcohol, together with a GE Mach 2.5 Afterburner. You still have no idea what you are talking about. See you and raise you one.
2019-6-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have a CRG9 (HDR1000) on a 2080 Ti.  If having 1st hand experience doesn't make the qualification requirements then you are an idiot.

If you think increasing saturation makes things look like HDR, you don't understand saturation or HDR.
Geebax is correct, very little (if any) of what you post is of any value.
2019-6-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"If having 1st hand experience doesn't make the qualification requirements then you are an idiot."

It doesn't, one would need a qualified, verified person to then decide whether one is competent or not to carry out a task. For example, having first hand experience of doing things incorrectly would not qualify anybody to do anything.
2019-6-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-21 23:04
If you think increasing saturation makes things look like HDR, you don't understand saturation or HDR.
Geebax is correct, very little (if any) of what you post is of any value.

You both don't know how HDR and non-HDR looks.  It looks more Saturated and if isn't that the contrast ratio is significant where the whites look like you are looking at the sun w/o washing out the entire screen to get it.
2019-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-22 16:28
You both don't know how HDR and non-HDR looks.  It looks more Saturated and if isn't that the contrast ratio is significant where the whites look like you are looking at the sun w/o washing out the entire screen to get it.

You don't realise it but with every one of your way too many posts, you just show how incompetent you are and how very limited your photographic understanding is.
2019-6-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-22 16:50
You don't realise it but with every one of your way too many posts, you just show how incompetent you are and how very limited your photographic understanding is.

I'm learning but I based upon the look and if you can see what we are looking at, you would agree an HDR photo and a non-HDR, one looks more saturated than the other.  I'm no photographic/photography electrical sensor engineer by any means, but as I've said, I go by the look.

2019-6-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-21 19:25

D-Cinelike on a non-Pro Mavic 2 is not HDR.  I have an HDR1000 monitor but no-Pro so I can't tell.  You have to enable HDR in Windows first to see HDR but then all the other stuff gets darker in a bad way like you are watching through a DLP Projector TV with a bad bulb in Movie mode (gamma cranked).
2019-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-22 16:57
I'm learning but I based upon the look and if you can see what we are looking at, you would agree an HDR photo and a non-HDR, one looks more saturated than the other.  I'm no photographic/photography electrical sensor engineer by any means, but as I've said, I go by the look.
[view_image]
[/img]

You've just noticed some HDR images that are overcooked and oversaturated.
But good HDR images don't have to look like they are radioactive.
Look at the images with the snowy mountains or the grey house for examples.
2019-6-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-22 17:26
You've just noticed some HDR images that are overcooked and oversaturated.
But good HDR images don't have to look like they are radioactive.
Look at the images with the snowy mountains or the grey house for examples.

I had an HDR photo with the Zoom and None of the pictures look like that.  That is Unedited.  In any other mode, it never looks Saturated like that.
2019-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-22 21:30
I had an HDR photo with the Zoom and None of the pictures look like that.  That is Unedited.  In any other mode, it never looks Saturated like that.

What does that mean?
You had an HDR photo and none of what pix look like what?
What is unedited?
What never looks saturated like what?

I'm still thinking you need English lessons.
2019-6-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-23 00:08
What does that mean?
You had an HDR photo and none of what pix look like what?
What is unedited?

I need English lessons from you because you apparently tell everyone that so you must be the best English Professor out of anyone here.

Also, look at this HDR edit I've done.
https://pro2-bar-s3-cdn-cf.mypor ... 1a1f80457eea37ec650
2019-6-23
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-23 06:46
I need English lessons from you because you apparently tell everyone that so you must be the best English Professor out of anyone here.

Also, look at this HDR edit I've done.

HDR = high dynamic range.  A software process for converting the full dynamic range of your camera images (usually combing 3 or more images at different exposures) to match the very limited dynamic range of your monitor.  The point of HDR is to display a photo on your computer monitor or printer that emulates the dynamic range of the human eye (from full white to full black) for a more natural look.  Strictly by manipulating the dynamic range.  Increasing color saturation does just that ... simply increases the color intensity of the image, often beyond a natural look to something gawdy, like most of your examples.  HDR and color saturation are two totally different things.  If you do both ... HDR and increase color saturation, you get the over-saturated burned and over-done gawdy HDR photos so many people think looks neat, but far from what the human eye ever sees.  Photos and video from your Phantom should have exposure and color as natural to the scene as possible.  Post processing is to push exposure or color to make up for poor lighting, ND filters, etc. to get it back to a NATURAL look.  Pushing saturation or color hue beyond that just makes for an unnatural photo.  Again, increasing color saturation has nothing to do with the point of HDR.
2019-6-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NM_Quad Posted at 6-25 15:47
HDR = high dynamic range.  A software process for converting the full dynamic range of your camera images (usually combing 3 or more images at different exposures) to match the very limited dynamic range of your monitor.  The point of HDR is to display a photo on your computer monitor or printer that emulates the dynamic range of the human eye (from full white to full black) for a more natural look.  Strictly by manipulating the dynamic range.  Increasing color saturation does just that ... simply increases the color intensity of the image, often beyond a natural look to something gawdy, like most of your examples.  HDR and color saturation are two totally different things.  If you do both ... HDR and increase color saturation, you get the over-saturated burned and over-done gawdy HDR photos so many people think looks neat, but far from what the human eye ever sees.  Photos and video from your Phantom should have exposure and color as natural to the scene as possible.  Post processing is to push exposure or color to make up for poor lighting, ND filters, etc. to get it back to a NATURAL look.  Pushing saturation or color hue beyond that just makes for an unnatural photo.  Again, increasing color saturation has nothing to do with the point of HDR.

yeah, I've found out how to use the PSD HDR function : )

Also, in HDR it increases sat by 20% by default!!  I didn't know this before and I'm telling the truth.
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules