Would the MP 1 to air be more of an upgrade or downgrade?
682 8 2019-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

I like the portability of the air and how compact it is. Has anyone else gone from MP 1 to air and has any advice?
2019-6-18
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Too energy eating and maintenance
2019-6-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's definitely an upgrade. it's just as portable. the flight time is better and the range is better.
2019-6-18
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's this strange cross grade. Some things are better and some things are not. It has a higher bit rate than the Mavic Pro 1, but does not have the same color profiles. It supports goggles, but not wirelessly or as well as the Mavic Pro. It's missing some pro settings, but has quick shots the the Mavic Pro does not have. I have a Mavic 2, Mavic Air, and a Spark.
2019-6-18
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

Tom_A Posted at 6-18 21:04
It's this strange cross grade. Some things are better and some things are not. It has a higher bit rate than the Mavic Pro 1, but does not have the same color profiles. It supports goggles, but not wirelessly or as well as the Mavic Pro. It's missing some pro settings, but has quick shots the the Mavic Pro does not have. I have a Mavic 2, Mavic Air, and a Spark.

So maybe I should buy the air, test it out, and if I don't like it I can still return it because I have my pro, but if I do like it then I can sell my pro. Because if I don't like it then that would stink if I already sold my MP, haha
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for your query to us. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co-pilots. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Mavic Pro and Mavic Air are both compact and can provide a great experience when flying the drone. You may check our drones comparison via the link below for you to have a breakdown list of the differences between the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback that you may need. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/ca/products/compare-consumer-drones
2019-6-19
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Clare_G101 Posted at 6-19 04:36
So maybe I should buy the air, test it out, and if I don't like it I can still return it because I have my pro, but if I do like it then I can sell my pro. Because if I don't like it then that would stink if I already sold my MP, haha

That would bee a smart move as there are things which you will miss from the MP.
It very much depend on your use of drone what is best for you.
2019-6-19
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

You will have longer flight time with the MP, the WIFI on the MA is  or I should say can be unreliable at times to say the least. I wish I would have got the MP (v1) and not the MA. Now this is just my feelings, just remember the MA is the drone between the spark and the MP. If you like gadgetry then the MA has all of it but if you are serious about videography then I would stay with the MP. Again this is my opinion.
2019-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules