Raising landing gear pre flight
5616 6 2019-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

I need to start up the motors and launch the i2 with the landing gear in the up/flight position, as it will be a hand launch.

I'm sure this is an easy one, but I can't seem to find the right setting to enable you to it.

I have disabled [Automatic landing gear] and [Near ground warning] in advanced aircraft settings.

I'm using a Cendence controller and when I hit the landing gear button nothing happens.
2019-6-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There's "Unlock Landing Gear" or something like that (with word "Lock" for sure) toggle in Go4 app. This will allow for manual rising and lowering of landing gear. Did that once with standard RC, but never tried with Cendence button. However, if you're trying to hand catch or release, don't forget to disable at least bottom sensors.
2019-6-19
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-19 21:23
There's "Unlock Landing Gear" or something like that (with word "Lock" for sure) toggle in Go4 app. This will allow for manual rising and lowering of landing gear. Did that once with standard RC, but never tried with Cendence button. However, if you're trying to hand catch or release, don't forget to disable at least bottom sensors.

Hmm can't seem to find anything resembling "Unlock Landing Gear" I'll keep looking.

Also how do you disable just the bottom sensors? In the sensor settings I can only see general obstacle avoidance for RTH.
2019-6-20
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-19 21:23
There's "Unlock Landing Gear" or something like that (with word "Lock" for sure) toggle in Go4 app. This will allow for manual rising and lowering of landing gear. Did that once with standard RC, but never tried with Cendence button. However, if you're trying to hand catch or release, don't forget to disable at least bottom sensors.

Hmm can't seem to find anything resembling "Unlock Landing Gear" I'll keep looking.

Also how do you disable just the bottom sensors? In the sensor settings I can only see general obstacle avoidance for RTH.
2019-6-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MrSilicon Posted at 6-20 17:20

You made me walk to my shop and power Inspire up ... Anyway,

1. MC Settings>Advanced Settings page. At the very bottom you should see 4 toggles: Quick Spin, Self-Adaptive Landing Gear, Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock and ESC Beeping. Set Self-Adaptive Landing Gear toggle to off and Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock to on. When you lift Inspire above ground you can rise and lower landing gear manually.
2. Visual Navigation Settings>Advanced Settings page. Set two first toggles to off (Enable Downward Vision Positioning and Landing Protection).

That's what I see on CrystalSky device with standard RC.

I'm assuming you'll try to hand launch the Inspire. I've never tried this actually, using the bird with rised landing gear in ground camera operation instead. Whatever, make sure to practice launching first in safe environment, preferably with arm handles mounted on ( DJI Inspire 2 Handle Grips$183.74US$139.00DJI Official Store ). The moment you spin the motors, IMU will probably try to compensate for your helper's body movements or - say - boat bouncing. Manage clear verbal communication with drone handler ... This may be more complicated (and dangerous) than you think ...

Good luck!

2019-6-20
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-20 22:22
You made me walk to my shop and power Inspire up ... Anyway,

1. MC Settings>Advanced Settings page. At the very bottom you should see 4 toggles: Quick Spin, Self-Adaptive Landing Gear, Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock and ESC Beeping. Set Self-Adaptive Landing Gear toggle to off and Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock to on. When you lift Inspire above ground you can rise and lower landing gear manually.

Cheers mate, works like a charm now!

Thanks for you help!
2019-6-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MrSilicon Posted at 6-24 21:15
Cheers mate, works like a charm now!

Thanks for you help!

Glad I didn't walk for nothing, pleasure is mine .
2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules