RC disconnecting potential solution
1343 6 2019-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Milorad Menjic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89 ft

Bosnia and Herzegovina

For all those who have this or similar problem and before you send it to DJI for repair, if you tested usual things like:

- different usb cable,
- botom port on controller,
- different firmware version,
- different or reformating sd card,
- inserting sd card after powering up and then formating,
- different phone/tablet,
- different version of dji go app,
- new or just second controller,
- etc....

I dont say that all of this can work or have anything to do with disconnects but those are advices usually found when searching for signal loss fix.

Try to set custom transmission channel instead of auto and 10MHz bandwidth instead of 20MHz.

Here are 2 screenshots attached where you can see these settings, also you have to choose channel manually by sliding the box left and right .
Screenshot_20190620-085909.jpg
Screenshot_20190620-085857.jpg
2019-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this great workaround to our valued DJI Forum members. This would be handy to our customers who experience the same problem. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice tips, thanks for sharing.
2019-6-20
Use props
menjic
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI Tony Posted at 6-20 11:34
Hi, thanks for sharing this great workaround to our valued DJI Forum members. This would be handy to our customers who experience the same problem. Thank you for your support.

You are welcome, I still think this is some firmware-hardware-treshold-counter related problem and not interference or user error.  Someone should look into wheys and conditions of disconnect in lab and firmware in same time for long period, for example put known sources of interference around the complete assembled drone not just the board and cycle the power of interference sources many times while observing what happens and when precisely whith mavic pro and I bet you will see there is some strange things happening like in my case. By my logic if there is interference or malfunction of hardware it is there all the time and not 10 times in one place and 0 in other or if it can connect first time why it can not after for example 10 disconnects. It could be heat problem but then why it is not overheating on 10 MHz or in different place. So please look into it little more seriously and pay atention on details. Thank you.
2019-6-20
Use props
menjic
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI Panda Posted at 6-20 18:40
Nice tips, thanks for sharing.

You are welcome, I wrote more in replay to Tony I can loan you my mavic and place where it goes crazy with disconnects to test if you want
2019-6-20
Use props
jajarmy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162536 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

i've changed my cables and it works like a charm
2019-6-25
Use props
kellykevin
New

India

Great information, thank you so much for sharing here.
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules