Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Japan

HOORAY!

So as we all know there was been much pain involved with transferring 4K60 footage over to our iOS devices and a lot of theorizing who’s problem the lack of compatibility was, Apple’s or DJIs.

Well, it seems to me that this is now a moot issue. I just did some tests with 4K60fps footage and it plays smoothly without any of the tell-tale missed key-frame smudging as you scrub the video.

Unfortunately iPad OS beta 2 seems to have broken the Mimo app, so importing from the camera will not be happening for us beta testers. The folder structure also seems to no longer be recognized by the camera import app when an SD card reader is attached. I am sure this will all be smoothed out in time for the public beta.

My main hope is that DJI will recognize that the super-powerful iPad Pro is more than capable of playing an editing 4K60 footage an allow direct import without transcode.
2019-6-20
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

IIRC, latest update reduce the quality from 4k to 1080p?
So, yes, can be transferred using mimo app, but got reduced quality.
2019-6-20
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Ahh Thanks for this post.. I had a question regarding transferring 4K60fps to my iPad 6th Gen from my card reader because it would not cross over.  Yesterday, I installed the Mimo app to the iPad and transferred directly from the OP and it was saved in my camera roll.  I saw that transcode message pop up and had no idea what that was.

So the transcode process degrades the quality of the video?  The file info still shows it at 4K60fps.  Thanks in advance

2019-6-20
Use props
FFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Yeah guys I am not talking about the latest Mimo app update. We all know about the transcoding. I am talking about the actual untouched 4K60 footage out of the camera (there are various ways of getting that onto your device).

This is specifically about iPad OS 13 allowing those files play back without any issue. Previously 4K60 footage would play but would have smudging and performance issues in editing programs like Lumafusion or iMove. This is no longer the case.
I have only tested this on the newest 2019 iPad Pro so YMMV.
2019-6-20
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Oh okay! Sorry for the confusion, since I haven't tested it yet myself.
This is gonna be a good news for us then
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules