Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Spark and Litchi: What do you think?
6310 35 2019-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Did a Litchi - Mission in Singapore, Marina Bay.
I still think that DJI should give Spark Pilots the waypoint (2!!) option in the go4.

2019-6-20
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Or not, but we still use the third party software, like Litchi.
2019-6-20
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

there are fantastic features built into the Lichi software, it automatically manages the gimbal camera in every mode, giving the pilot the opportunity to pay more attention to his drone. Practically improves the small Spark. I love it.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for sharing this wonderful footage that you had captured in Singapore. In regards to the Waypoints 2.0 for DJI Spark, let me forward this concern to the designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-6-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-20 06:47
there are fantastic features built into the Lichi software, it automatically manages the gimbal camera in every mode, giving the pilot the opportunity to pay more attention to his drone. Practically improves the small Spark. I love it.

Me too, but I'd like to have the option to use different apps.
And lately I saw someone setting a M2P mission up, in the field, seems also to be a nice way
2019-6-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-20 07:55
Hi, Thank you for sharing this wonderful footage that you had captured in Singapore. In regards to the Waypoints 2.0 for DJI Spark, let me forward this concern to the designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Thanks for forwarding!
2019-6-20
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

I think DJI is still surprised how enthusiastic pilots manage to use their "selfie" drone to get shots this drone was never made for...
Well done
2019-6-20
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

If the waypoints  of my Mavic Pro were used on the Spark, the waypoints would have to be set up on one battery and flown on another. The battery life of the MP is enough to fly the route to set the waypoints, then fly it again using the waypoints. Much better to set up the waypoints on a map before a flight. It can't be too expensive to do - I had it on a mid range Hubsan which only cost 1/4 of the price of my Spark.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

S-e-ven Posted at 6-20 09:46
Thanks for forwarding!

You are most welcome sir. Cheers!
2019-6-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Haggi Posted at 6-20 09:59
I think DJI is still surprised how enthusiastic pilots manage to use their "selfie" drone to get shots this drone was never made for...
Well done

Thank you very much!
2019-6-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Warriewoodlad Posted at 6-20 14:42
If the waypoints  of my Mavic Pro were used on the Spark, the waypoints would have to be set up on one battery and flown on another. The battery life of the MP is enough to fly the route to set the waypoints, then fly it again using the waypoints. Much better to set up the waypoints on a map before a flight. It can't be too expensive to do - I had it on a mid range Hubsan which only cost 1/4 of the price of my Spark.

That is not a question of expensive.
DJI paid people to code this option out of the app, in case a Spark is connected.
As we can find out with the go4 mod 2.0
And that with the battery life is the reason for asking for waypoint 2.
Minimum no need to fly all points, before.
Which is not always a bad thing, at least to confirm some heights on terrain that isn't  a/like a lake. ;-)
2019-6-20
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

S-e-ven Posted at 6-20 15:30
That is not a question of expensive.
DJI paid people to code this option out of the app, in case a Spark is connected.
As we can find out with the go4 mod 2.0

My only trial with Litchi is measuring the camera. The video image suddenly darkens, brightens, and then again and again.
I realized that in automatic mode, in the middle of the image (or anywhere on the touch), she was measuring in a very point-like location. How do I change the metering to a wider range of measurements?
Then I realized another solution: the function buttons can be programmed for the AE lock function.
What do you think about this?
2019-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think it looks great!
2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-22 12:12
My only trial with Litchi is measuring the camera. The video image suddenly darkens, brightens, and then again and again.
I realized that in automatic mode, in the middle of the image (or anywhere on the touch), she was measuring in a very point-like location. How do I change the metering to a wider range of measurements?
Then I realized another solution: the function buttons can be programmed for the AE lock function.

I have this setup
"the function buttons can be programmed for the AE lock function."
for quite some time .
The Go4 is offering that, too!
2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Montfrooij Posted at 6-24 06:24
I think it looks great!

2019-6-24
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-22 12:12
My only trial with Litchi is measuring the camera. The video image suddenly darkens, brightens, and then again and again.
I realized that in automatic mode, in the middle of the image (or anywhere on the touch), she was measuring in a very point-like location. How do I change the metering to a wider range of measurements?

Just switch to manual exposure and white balance and set the exposure yourself.
2019-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
Was it hard to set up?
2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Montfrooij Posted at 6-24 07:03
You're welcome!
Was it hard to set up?

Not really.
https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=pbLzqhTfkr

I had a good idea, from the beginning.
The setup was quickly done, I tested it on a reservoir near by.
(Used the "move mission to" -function)

However, got surprised from the 90° direction change and the length of the pyrotechnics pontoons.
But the rule is, never let them be loaded longer as necessary ;-)
The rehearsal was on Saturday (2 no air activities time/zones), nothing planed for Sundays, so they should have been empty, anyway!
Changed the flight route a bit, to not directly flying over one of the batteries.

I just can't figure out, why the spark lost the Merlion-POI (1) in the middle part of the last leg.

2019-6-24
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Tentoes Posted at 6-24 06:52
Just switch to manual exposure and white balance and set the exposure yourself.

The manual setting is cumbersome because the Litchi (on android) shows very small touch buttons and numbers that are not easy to use in sunlight.
It is more like AE Lock, which is just a button press on the remote control.

What I do not understand is that Litchi measured the light well in version 4.1.2. Even the average brightness measured in it was normal and the video did not flash in automatic mode. Version 4.8.0 measures brightness in point area and is therefore useless in flight.
Just like FRED's video:
2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 6-24 12:18
The manual setting is cumbersome because the Litchi (on android) shows very small touch buttons and numbers that are not easy to use in sunlight.
It is more like AE Lock, which is just a button press on the remote control.

Have you ever used a tablet?
2019-6-24
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

S-e-ven Posted at 6-24 16:33
Have you ever used a tablet?

Yes, I use a 7 "tablet. Unfortunately, it is not really optimal yet.
DJIGO4 is very useful on my Tablet
The Litchi on the IOS is also good (I saw it on video and on a screen photo), the sliders are big enough, the white captions are well read.
Unfortunately, the Android interface is not good. Light blue sliders, tiny numbers ... Very non-user friendly.
2019-6-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

looks good
2019-6-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-6-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 6-24 08:18
Not really.
https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=pbLzqhTfkr

I had bought Litchi some time ago, but got a refund because I read it was not allowed to use it here in NL.
But that was wrong so maybe I have to start digging into that again!
2019-6-26
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent piece of work
2019-6-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Montfrooij Posted at 6-26 23:44
I had bought Litchi some time ago, but got a refund because I read it was not allowed to use it here in NL.
But that was wrong so maybe I have to start digging into that again!

Even in case it wouldn't be legal, to fly missions, Litchi is also offering other options.
And: You can always fly/take over with the remote!
;-)
2019-6-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

AJC-W Posted at 6-27 00:08
Excellent piece of work

Thank you very much!
2019-6-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

S-e-ven Posted at 6-27 05:11
Even in case it wouldn't not legal, to fly missions, Litchi is also offering other options.
And: You can always fly/take over with the remote!
;-)

Yeah, I know.
(now)
2019-6-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 6-27 05:14
Thank you very much!

You're welcome
2019-6-27
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217244 ft
Australia

I used Litchi with a Spark and was initially very impressed with the ability to use waypoints. I ran a few small missions with the drone in sight and everything did as it was supposed to. I then planned a longer mission but the drone lost signal and RTH. There is an option in Litchi that allows for the drone to continue with a waypoint mission when signal is lost, i.e. it will run the mission and then RTH if this is what you have selected to occur at the end of the mission. I tested this on a short in sight mission by launching the drone and then turning off the Remote Controller. The Spark performed the mission flawlessly and RTH at the end, even with the Controller turned off. OK, so I sent it on a longer mission, well within the drones capabilities but I knew that signal loss would occur, the drone took off and followed the waypoints and went out of sight until i received a warning that signal loss had occurred. This is the last that I saw of it, never returned, even low battery failsafe did not work. My advice is be very cautious when using third party apps like Litchi, advice that is frequently given out by the DJI moderators in this forum.
2019-12-13
Use props
jrhoffman75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32989 ft
United States

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-13 21:04
I used Litchi with a Spark and was initially very impressed with the ability to use waypoints. I ran a few small missions with the drone in sight and everything did as it was supposed to. I then planned a longer mission but the drone lost signal and RTH. There is an option in Litchi that allows for the drone to continue with a waypoint mission when signal is lost, i.e. it will run the mission and then RTH if this is what you have selected to occur at the end of the mission. I tested this on a short in sight mission by launching the drone and then turning off the Remote Controller. The Spark performed the mission flawlessly and RTH at the end, even with the Controller turned off. OK, so I sent it on a longer mission, well within the drones capabilities but I knew that signal loss would occur, the drone took off and followed the waypoints and went out of sight until i received a warning that signal loss had occurred. This is the last that I saw of it, never returned, even low battery failsafe did not work. My advice is be very cautious when using third party apps like Litchi, advice that is frequently given out by the DJI moderators in this forum.

Can you share the failed mission? I sometimes lose signal on my missions but drone always completes the mission. I think you proved that as well when you turned the controller off.
2019-12-15
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217244 ft
Australia

jrhoffman75 Posted at 12-15 08:29
Can you share the failed mission? I sometimes lose signal on my missions but drone always completes the mission. I think you proved that as well when you turned the controller off.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=138996&page=3#pid2031375

This may help you.
2019-12-16
Use props
ernie_e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2019-12-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

jrhoffman75 Posted at 12-15 08:29
Can you share the failed mission? I sometimes lose signal on my missions but drone always completes the mission. I think you proved that as well when you turned the controller off.

Actually that is, what should happen and what the warning says: "will continue even if RC connection get lost"
And I flew a mission on Bali, some weeks ago, around the Garuda/Hanuman in the cultur park, where it just did that : It flew around the massive steel concrete "house" and followed the mission.
You just need to plan a possible RTH high enough and more important need to set the last point of the mission in reach of the RC or in straight line to the RC with no obstacles in the way and order it to come home after flying the mission or let the mission end , in batteries fly time, near  you.
Which I tend to do, almost every time. Till now, at least
2019-12-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

ernie_e Posted at 12-18 18:35
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!
2019-12-18
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

fansff5605f3 Posted at 12-13 21:04
I used Litchi with a Spark and was initially very impressed with the ability to use waypoints. I ran a few small missions with the drone in sight and everything did as it was supposed to. I then planned a longer mission but the drone lost signal and RTH. There is an option in Litchi that allows for the drone to continue with a waypoint mission when signal is lost, i.e. it will run the mission and then RTH if this is what you have selected to occur at the end of the mission. I tested this on a short in sight mission by launching the drone and then turning off the Remote Controller. The Spark performed the mission flawlessly and RTH at the end, even with the Controller turned off. OK, so I sent it on a longer mission, well within the drones capabilities but I knew that signal loss would occur, the drone took off and followed the waypoints and went out of sight until i received a warning that signal loss had occurred. This is the last that I saw of it, never returned, even low battery failsafe did not work. My advice is be very cautious when using third party apps like Litchi, advice that is frequently given out by the DJI moderators in this forum.

On your return, either by mission design or RTH, if the uav is flying against the wind, it may not be able to return, attempting to return against the wind until it reaches critical battery and then lands. Flying out against the wind and returning with the wind is doubly important in long flights and stiff winds. Just a thought.
2019-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules