"Aircraft Disconnected" error but camera connects
2104 20 2019-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

I have a phantom 3 pro and im getting the aircraft disconnected label when in the app...however the camera feed is still actively showing and I can control the gimbal with the remote control.
  • the red led on the controller is always on
  • i have tried repairing the drone and the controller but they never sync to each other
  • after being turned on the drone beeps twice every 2 seconds without ever stopping
  • I've tried updating the firmware on the drone to the latest version but that didnt cause any changes
  • when my phone is connected to the remote it says the firmware is up to date.
Has anyone heard of an issue like this before, or can think of any possible solutions?

2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to relink your Aircraft and your RC to see if there would be some changes? Also, if the troubleshooting will not work, kindly send us a screenshot showing the error message for us to further help you with this concern. I will be posting an official video tutorial below. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-6-20
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-20 15:48
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to relink your Aircraft and your RC to see if there would be some changes? Also, if the troubleshooting will not work, kindly send us a screenshot showing the error message for us to further help you with this concern. I will be posting an official video tutorial below. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOJnUidcUk

Relinking was unsuccessful they still just never found each other...here is the screenshot of the error message or at least what I think you mean by error message

as you can see the camera feed works and I can control the camera on the gimbal but any other functionality does not work: such as trying to launch the drone outside. it says command timed out. Can you think of any other possible solutions? Thanks for the help!
2019-6-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Do you know how to re link?  Did you follow the procedure in the manual?  
2019-6-21
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-21 01:48
Do you know how to re link?  Did you follow the procedure in the manual?

I no longer have the manual but Ive followed multiple tutorials including the one above and they don't seem to be working...here is a video of me attempting the relink incase you can see me doing something wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDineMRQSQ&feature=youtu.be
2019-6-21
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

I think you need to hold the link button down on the drown a bit longer and then release.  JMO!
2019-6-21
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

FredFogg Posted at 6-21 06:13
I think you need to hold the link button down on the drown a bit longer and then release.  JMO!

Tried holding it down for longer, still no luck
2019-6-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bconl65 Posted at 6-20 20:17
Relinking was unsuccessful they still just never found each other...here is the screenshot of the error message or at least what I think you mean by error message
[view_image]

Hi, Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry that you still experience the same issue. May I ask if the firmware of your Aircraft and RC is updated? Also, What mobile device are you currently using to run the DJI Go app? You can try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app to see if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to help you further. Thank you!
2019-6-22
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-22 09:22
Hi, Thank you for the additional information and we're sorry that you still experience the same issue. May I ask if the firmware of your Aircraft and RC is updated? Also, What mobile device are you currently using to run the DJI Go app? You can try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app to see if there would be some changes. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to help you further. Thank you!

I've tried updating the firmware to the version 1.11.20 on this page https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads however that didnt create any difference. I'm running the dji app on an iphone xr and reinstalling the app also didn't cause any changes.
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bconl65 Posted at 6-22 09:54
I've tried updating the firmware to the version 1.11.20 on this page https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads however that didnt create any difference. I'm running the dji app on an iphone xr and reinstalling the app also didn't cause any changes.

Hi, there. Sorry to know that you still receive the same problem. Can you please try again to download the firmware in your SD card and update your Aircraft. After that, You need to update the firmware of your remote controller using a different Mobile device for us to see if there would be some changes. Therefore, you need to press the icon referring in the image below for about 8 seconds and choose the latest firmware. If you already successfully update the Aircraft and Remote controller, try to relink them again to see if the problem will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-6-26
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi on the drone you seem to be pressing a button within the actual body shell, I thought the appropriate button on a p3 pro was in the side of the sensor unit, the sensor unit being  beneath the the body shell. If I am not mistaken are you sure the drone and controller are compatible. Here is the address for the P3 Pro downloads page
https://www.dji.com/uk/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
the linking procedure starts on page 28 of the user manual. Attached in an image of the link button location on my P3Adv
2019-6-28
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-26 12:43
Hi, there. Sorry to know that you still receive the same problem. Can you please try again to download the firmware in your SD card and update your Aircraft. After that, You need to update the firmware of your remote controller using a different Mobile device for us to see if there would be some changes. Therefore, you need to press the icon referring in the image below for about 8 seconds and choose the latest firmware. If you already successfully update the Aircraft and Remote controller, try to relink them again to see if the problem will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

[view_image]

Still no luck
2019-6-29
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-28 06:12
Hi on the drone you seem to be pressing a button within the actual body shell, I thought the appropriate button on a p3 pro was in the side of the sensor unit, the sensor unit being  beneath the the body shell. If I am not mistaken are you sure the drone and controller are compatible. Here is the address for the P3 Pro downloads page
https://www.dji.com/uk/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
the linking procedure starts on page 28 of the user manual. Attached in an image of the link button location on my P3Adv [view_image]

It appears my model is slightly different that hole on my drone is empty but it does have a linking button(i think its a linking button) a few inches above where that one would be.
2019-6-29
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

I'd appreciate a second opinion on this but I believe the beeping emitting (shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMzQyHdoVxU&feature=youtu.be) from the drone is the error for "input voltage abnormal" based off this manual but I'm not sure if the manual pertains to this drone.
2019-6-29
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi sorry to do this but have a look at this video,

is it possible you have a P3 standard rather than a pro? If that's the case then the controllers are, I believe, different, the Pro/Adv have 2 antennae whilst the Std has 1
2019-6-30
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 6-30 11:01
Hi sorry to do this but have a look at this video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krqYn5a5cT0
is it possible you have a P3 standard rather than a pro? If that's the case then the controllers are, I believe, different, the Pro/Adv have 2 antennae whilst the Std has 1

It should be the phantom 4k, however it is weird  that the button is in the wrong spot. Ive had this drone for a while and I believe it was purchased new. Maybe dji updated the chassis at some point and I got stuck with the old one...or someone went through the effort to peel off every standard sticker and decal and replaced them with 4k ones.
2019-6-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh it would appear that on the 4k the button is where you see it, Page 30 of
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
sorry for causing confusion
2019-6-30
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

I think if you do a little research, you will find that the P3's won't work with the iPhone Xr.  I have an iPhone X and it won't work with it.  I have to use an old iPad Mini 4 I have to use my P3 Professional.

Recommended Devices
•ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
•Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
2019-7-1
Use props
bconl65
lvl.1
United States

FredFogg Posted at 7-1 07:13
I think if you do a little research, you will find that the P3's won't work with the iPhone Xr.  I have an iPhone X and it won't work with it.  I have to use an old iPad Mini 4 I have to use my P3 Professional.

Recommended Devices

Thanks. Its worked on my Xr for a while but over the winter I didnt take it out much and maybe a software update messed up the compatibility. Ill try it on another device within the next day or two(just as soon as I get my hands on one).
2019-7-1
Use props
PowellSkier
lvl.2
United States

Whenever I get this message it is because a ribbon cable in the drone is loose or broken. Try opening up the drone and looking for loose or broken connections.
2019-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules