Firmware threads being removed?
1456 14 2019-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

Last night there were 2 threads about issues with the latest fimrware for the OP failing for many users (including myself).  Today those threads appear to be gone.  What happened and did DJI jump the gun and mess up releasing the firmware too early?
2019-6-21
Use props
cosmic68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 89042 ft
United Kingdom

This thread will self destruct in 3, 2, 1....

Yes they are being deleted pretty quickly
2019-6-21
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just submitted a support chat about firmware download failing, all I got in response was: What is your account name and serial numbers of the units? We'll have engineering look into it.
2019-6-21
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, my thread disappeared but I can still access it through the notice links and add to it but you just can't see it on the forum. Anyways, it's been 24 hours and it would be nice to get an official statement from one of the DJI reps.

Here's the link to my old thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=192065&page=1#pid1890533
2019-6-21
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Would be nice to get a clear answer.  I'm not sure if I want to power mine up now.
2019-6-21
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The firmware update was not correct. Word is that we should expect it tonight or tomorrow.
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. On behalf of DJI we extend our sincerest apologies for the issues that you have experienced previously. As of the moment, DJI is still finalizing the new firmware for the DJI Osmo Pocket. We highly recommend to please pay attention to the release note on our official DJI website for the latest firmware update details. I will be posting the link below. Thanks for your understanding, patience and for your continued support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2019-6-21
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 13:45
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. On behalf of DJI we extend our sincerest apologies for the issues that you have experienced previously. As of the moment, DJI is still finalizing the new firmware for the DJI Osmo Pocket. We highly recommend to please pay attention to the release note on our official DJI website for the latest firmware update details. I will be posting the link below. Thanks for your understanding, patience and for your continued support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo%20Pocket/20190516/Osmo_Pocket_Release_Notes_en.pdf

Looking forward to seeing the new firmware soon.
2019-6-21
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

It appears the release was premature and DJI wisely removed references to it.

In my case, I never saw an update in Mimo. Even if I had, I alway wait a while to let the dust settle. Dodge many bullets this way.
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Tide Posted at 6-21 14:40
Looking forward to seeing the new firmware soon.

Thank you for your understanding Tide. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

If I were to hazard a guess I would say the firmware was accidentally released to all users where it was only intended to be released to the YouTube influencers/beta testers accounts.
2019-6-22
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

On wednesday i got an update info on my pocket with the Version ...08.40.
2019-6-22
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

On wednesday i got an update info on my pocket with the Version ...08.40. I try to install it but it won´t work all the time. The day after everything disapeared.
2019-6-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

With any device, the first people to update will be the first to brick their device if there is anything wrong with the firmware.  In one of the deleted threads I mentioned how I was about to update my phone's firmware but decided to check its forum first.  Everyone who updated ended up with a permanently bricked phone - and the Chinese manufacturer more or less said "tough".  So - I'm holding back a day or two.  The reported new features sound great, but life will go on if I don't get them on the first day.
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

For one thing, your being racist, for another if the firmware bricks your osmo then dji will take care of you, why are you so paranoid everybody is out to get you? Tinfoil hat?
Of all the beta firmware, modded firmware or sideloaded firmwares I have ever installed not one single issue. Maybe it’s just your user error friends forum.
2019-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules