Error 200 after first 2 weeks, DJI is charging me
1207 7 2019-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RXQKoGqmOxhz
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to enlighten you folks who own a Mavic 2 Pro that this could potentially happen to you.  
I bought a Mavic 2 Pro at a hefty price of 1500 dollars at the end of May (first flight out of the box was May 22, 2019).  I was really excited to be able to capture some great footage from above.  Fast forward to May 28th, after installing the newest firmware update,  flying this drone away from anything that I could bump or crash it on, and it gives me the following error while I was stationary mid flight  (using an LG V40 Thinq):

1.error code 200,
2. internal storage not found
3. Gimbal disconnect message.
There is no camera view, only a gray screen.

So after having this for only 1 week of flying, my Mavic 2 Pro is a brick.  I sent it in to get repaired and got the following responses from "Ken" at their support team:

According to the analysis, no user-described abnormality was found after checking all the available flight controller data and flight record.
We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges.
Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

I then received an email from their repair team:

"Dear customer, We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of damage assessment, please find details as below: error code 200; no image transmission; gimbal limp; back left landing gear damaged;. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.

Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Pro): $160

Gimbal Flexible Flat Cable: $4

Rear Arm Module (Left) $21

Core Board Module $320

So they are denying that any damage happened while flying the drone (although thats when it failed and gave me the error message), however they want to charge me to fix it because there is damage???  I don't get it.  How could a Core Board Module have catastrophic failure when not in flight, and it worked right up to the point of failure while in air?  None of this makes sense.  So they want to charge me $440 dollars after I already spent $1500 when I did nothing wrong to my drone...

So I call and escalate the issue up 3 levels to a manager (Ejay), who said he would look into it, that he thought it was crazy that the drone would fail after 1 week, said he would talk to his billing team and get back to me.  He was confident he could do something for me.  I then get this email back a few days later:

Hi Taylor,

I already received feedback from our support team about your request to dispute the quotation you received. They advised that they saw physical damages on the unit that is not covered under warranty.

[img]https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/rsmk6l6NOivx23t7d7rY2WkJ_4O48tq2LuVEsCqLZ5cKImpfMMc1Yce6ZqZhPif0nKd_pXfhzNxDZHAhCMKRBlQBlNgFMPkq5o9jDAcSYywp-yLRicmyxXbfCq6YnRUQ3H_pjgiLClvIb-EtaUgwK5s=s0-d-e1-ft#[/img]​

[img]https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/rJBZqpYW2mdRem7Ynd2SSA1j4EOB3u-qREkPlZS_WdlN7hF4CwbTLasCNmiAAsJbGsGW5dN9nxEQLQGcL-Htg5iIar0qs2VDZA8sWTIZMB6_pvr_uoBM_gcv8Kptz8U7s9RFio_iIjCmvP2iVoro-A=s0-d-e1-ft#[/img]​

[img]https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/yJ0MhXltocKRqpxguAf1o143O-rW1Ix9l_ZunTLcz5r4Y-sGUCWMTTOCh-fKAjvnoZe8KFE_PhAizxPdDWyQJ3kNJ26YlrYioy2SKod0dzQQI37Q4_1e47DL4n7rdiDcQ3PtMCZtYyjaYUIKpSKi6XU=s0-d-e1-ft#[/img]​

[img]https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/HregtEKfEJPt3-sxfHc5N9xbMIob5WuDwnv6I94SYIhESZ6gI9qHyb9d-k_jzTWnKz_bFns2_3luqbJt7GfCW2HKZilDFeUyzoEX9LuMXTuL-NFRti1As-nLgQAQwiZsUCAEXeTb6hIk1RpytCsfOw=s0-d-e1-ft#[/img]​

Guys, the only thing I see is a bit of a scuff on the side of the landing gear.  I see no real damage at all.  It has never bumped into anything, just some rub while landing possibly. How can their drones be this fragile to have everything catastrophically because of some plastic scuff?  

This brings me to my next question, how is none of this covered under the general manufacturers warranty?  They say the Gimbal failed, how am I being charged?  there is no mention of if the Core Board Module is covered either under their warranty page:

https://www.dji.com/service/policy

Main Controller
12 Months
Gimbal and Camera
6 Months
Vision Positioning System
6 Months
Propulsion system(excluding propellers)
6 Months
Remote Controller
12 Months
Battery
6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times
Charger
12 Months
Battery Charging Hub
6 Months
Frame
No warranty
Propeller
No warranty

If I could take this thing back I would, extremely fragilie and terrible product, with even worse customer service.  They are taking advantage of their customers, and I wanted to let everyone know before they buy.  I will be making a video on this, and looking at other legal options as well.  Just BEWARE!!!

2019-6-21
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Being that it is so close to actual purchasing, with no record of user error/negligence, they should at least honor this request.  This seems to be a faulty unit that can be easily refurbed to recover any potential lost revenue.
2019-6-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we're sorry to read about the issues you had with your repair case. Allow me to seek and forward this with the team that is currently handling your concern. We thank you for your patience.
2019-6-21
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

From the last image it looks there is damage below the motor mount. Did you fly into something?
Maybe thats what DJI is assuming and thus aren't calling it a warrant-able service.
2019-6-21
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

Worse case is check with your credit card. Most credit cards have purchase protection for 90 days. Go ahead with the repair and your credit card insurance will reimburse you.

2019-6-21
Use props
fans0c4dc647
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, I recently bought Dji Air, I’m trying to link the RC to the Dji Air however it’s not linking.
There’s a solid green light. When I turn on the Dji Air, there’s no sound whatever it just turns on and goes to solid green light does not blink or any sound when I turn on the drone
Tried to link with rc however cannot link, tried to find the drone via wifi unable to locate
Appreciate if anyone could help me out
2019-6-21
Use props
djiuser_RXQKoGqmOxhz
lvl.1
United States

I did not fly it into anything, and actually am not sure where that scuff came from.  I can only assume its from landing it brushed up on something.  
DJI Diana, thank you for your reply, however I already escalated this up 3 levels to a manager and they were not willing to help with this matter.  I am biased here, but this should be a complete replacement or repair at no cost, especially since the flight records indicated I did nothing wrong here.   
Thank you all for the replys!
2019-6-24
Use props
djiuser_RXQKoGqmOxhz
lvl.1
United States

fans0c4dc647 Posted at 6-21 19:28
Hi there, I recently bought Dji Air, I’m trying to link the RC to the Dji Air however it’s not linking.
There’s a solid green light. When I turn on the Dji Air, there’s no sound whatever it just turns on and goes to solid green light does not blink or any sound when I turn on the drone
Tried to link with rc however cannot link, tried to find the drone via wifi unable to locate

I think you need to post your own thread and not on this one; this does not relate to my issue.  You may have better luck posting  your own thread.  Thanks.
2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules