Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DLH Sean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22487 ft

United States

Video is of a DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. The gimbal starts up just fine and goes to the correct placement, however within 5 seconds it will start to slowly drift downward approx 30 degrees and will not rotate back to 0 degrees. When moving the gimbal to 90 degrees it will go beyond that and then do some type of self calibration, at which point I can then move the gimbal back to 0 degrees. The camera will not hold at 0 degrees.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have calibrated IMU twice, gimbal calibration several times, compass calibration, refreshed the firmware, tried a different mobile device and completed the diagnostic check in DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks,
Sean

2019-6-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Have you had any hard landings or soft crashes?
2019-6-22
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.3

United States

I just purchased this yesterday 2nd hand, I think I was duped and seller refuses to accept return. I have not even attempted to fly it since camera is not stable. Hoping to get any insight if anyone has seen this before and what was needed to fix. If it is minor or a firmware issue not a problem, but if it is the entire gimbal I got screwed.
2019-6-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You might check the flat ribbon cable for nicks or dents.
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DLH Sean.  I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the camera gimbal of your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. Since this issue is happening on the said drone I would recommend you contact our support team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason of the said issue  and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-6-22
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.3

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 6-22 06:39
You might check the flat ribbon cable for nicks or dents.

Thank you I will take a look later tonight.
2019-6-22
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.3

United States

I have look the ribbon over carefully and find no nicks or kinks of any kind, somewhat baffled as to why it acts this way. Does not make any irregular noises, initially starts out fine, but then lowers about 30 degrees and throws the limits off, when bringing the camera down to 90 degrees it goes beyond and then seems to do a self calibration at which point it will go back to 0 degrees for 5 seconds and slowly drop again. Given no noise and the fact that it recognizes 0 and 90 degrees on startup and calibration I am left to wonder if it isn’t firmware related.
2019-6-25
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.3

United States

My current firmware is 1.00.0128 from 6/7/2017, no other firmware is listed on DJI Assistant 2
2019-6-25
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.3

United States

I downgraded the firmware to 00.00.0118 to verify whether it is a hardware or software issue. It appears to be firmware related since the camera appeared to function fine on the original firmware, I did not fly the aircraft so I cannot be 100% certain.  I then updated to 01.00.0128 and the camera went back to having the above referenced behavior. Hopeful someone is aware of a beta. There seems to be several firmware updates to the standard and the pro, but not for the advanced?
2019-6-25
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.3

United States

The interesting part is that on startup the gimbal works perfect, however I noticed that as soon as the controller shows in the top left that the IMU is initializing the camera moves and then will not go above 30 degrees.  I have downgraded again and am able to duplicate it on the original firmware. What would cause this issue when the IMU appears to calibrate fine with no errors, the gimbal auto calibration goes through all of the steps but does tip down 30 degrees and stays there when the calibration is at 50%.  I believe that this is ultimately the problem of it not recognizing 0 and 90.  Any ideas on fixing, everything else works as it should. Thanks I appreciate any guidance.
2019-6-25
Use props
DLH Sean
lvl.3

United States

2019-6-29
Use props
djiuser_sp3vlladXQ2I

Trinidad and Tobago

@DHL Sean I am having this exact issue on my Phantom 4 Pro and in addition to this my gimbal is very slow to respond to any yaw movement by the drone. Have you been able to rectify this problem on your end?
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_nWak8f2vacbh
New

United States

Have any of you guys had issues with missing focus options in the app? I've got a phantom 4 pro
2020-6-11
Use props
JetSam
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

lol , mine do the same, it is a normal MODEL pHANTOM 4  , i call it THE IDIOT dANCE  (after normal gimbal check at start )

I TRIED everything .... horizon tilts when i roll the Drone

min : 0:52

2020-6-11
Use props
ATKAS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112303 ft
Australia

BUMP
Has anyone had a solution to this problem??? I too have purchased a second hand P4P with the same issues. Running the latest software, and unable to roll back through DJI Assistant 2. Currently, due to this issue, it's barely good for anything more than mapping
It's quite disappointing as the hardware is excellent. I have a very low hours airframe, with 3 high capacity batteries, and PolarPro filters. Not a scratch or mark to be seen on either airframe or controller...yet it's virtually worthless due to this issue. As the video below shows, it's got a pretty serious problem. Please read the YouTube description...but basically this is doing nothing but turning left and right and the gimbal just porpoises/tumbles around.

Any help appreciated.
2022-1-7
Use props
mareclodaniel
New

United States

very slow to respond to any yaw movement by the drone. Have you been able to rectify this problem on your end?

Nox Vidmate VLC

2022-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules