Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark gimbal dead
1169 13 2019-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Qui Rom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86631 ft
France

Hi all, I got my new spark 2 days ago. Everything works fine except the gimbal. I can move the gimbal by my hand but I cannot controll it (pitch or roll) by app or controller. Gimbal status in app is normal.
I tried reinstall the app, disconnect the controller etc... the quality of video is also terrible because the gimbal does not compensate air craft shaking. I use follow mode of course, not FPV mode. Moreover, the gesture mode seems not working as well, maybe due to the gimbal problem.
A video of follow mode that shows gimbal not working:

https://youtu.be/pf_cKbPPhbQ
I am just new to this hobby, please help ttps://youtu.be/iKWc4KoS6MU
2019-6-22
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3
France

Sorry, this is a second video
https://youtu.be/iKWc4KoS6MU
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Qui. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to perform the IMU calibration to see if the problem will still persist? Also, May I know what mobile device are you currently using and if possible that you can try to use a different mobile device for us to further isolate the problem. You may refer to the image below for the recommended mobile device for your DJI Spark. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-6-22
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3
France

Thank you for your quick answer. I already tried to calibrate IMU. I am using samsung S7. I borrowed an iphone 6 and download the app to try as you suggested. Still not working
Yesterday I tried rocket in quickshot mode and spark couldnt track me, just to let you know. I just flied for less than 10 times, never crashed.
My feeling is that there is a hardware problem with the gimbal. The gimbal itself did not move at all when air craft is turned on.
2019-6-22
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

So you're not in sport mode.

If you turn the spark on and roll it side to side, pitch it up and down with your hand, the gimbal does not keep the camera steady?

The wheel on the remote doesn't cause the gimbal to look up or down?
2019-6-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Perhaps  a cable is not connected? I'd send it right back!
2019-6-22
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3
France

Tentoes Posted at 6-22 19:01
So you're not in sport mode.

If you turn the spark on and roll it side to side, pitch it up and down with your hand, the gimbal does not keep the camera steady?

I am not in sport mode. Yean the camera never moves, unless I use my hand to touch it
2019-6-23
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3
France

S-e-ven Posted at 6-22 23:48
Perhaps  a cable is not connected? I'd send it right back!

So there is a cable to connect gimbal? It may explain why the gimbal is not responsive. I guess the fixing by DJI should be simple.
2019-6-23
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-22 11:35
Hi, Qui. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to perform the IMU calibration to see if the problem will still persist? Also, May I know what mobile device are you currently using and if possible that you can try to use a different mobile device for us to further isolate the problem. You may refer to the image below for the recommended mobile device for your DJI Spark. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

[view_image]

I also purchased DJI care refresh, if this information can help or speed up the process.
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Qui Rom Posted at 6-23 00:20
I also purchased DJI care refresh, if this information can help or speed up the process.

Try to open a case.
But I dont think, you wanna speed up the process, care refresh gets you usually a replacement. But you have a brand new drone, right? Also it would burn one of your replacments for a possible warranty case.
2019-6-23
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.3
France

What I mean is DJI may give me a priority / special phone communication etc. I am not gonna use care refresh now. If this is a defective product, will they give me a new replacement for free? Consider I just purchased it 3 days ago.
2019-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Qui Rom Posted at 6-23 01:39
What I mean is DJI may give me a priority / special phone communication etc. I am not gonna use care refresh now. If this is a defective product, will they give me a new replacement for free? Consider I just purchased it 3 days ago.

I think:

https://www.dji.com/fr/support
2019-6-23
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Yea. Just do a support ticket. They'll warranty this, probably.
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Qui Rom Posted at 6-23 00:20

Hi, Sorry for the trouble, If the troubleshooting steps above didn't work. I will highly recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules