1071 6 2019-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder how good of a deal DJI Care Refresh really appears to be? If you think about it, DJI is making a lot more money with Care Refresh than many people believe. It costs $59 for Spark, or 10% of cost. You pay this premium to DJI except if the drone gets lost that premium goes right down the drain. DJI offers a discount on only the drone without remote controller or props and if Spark sells for $399 and remote is +$100 sold separately and props are ~$20 that takes the cost down to $279. Of course DJI offers refurbished Sparks and with a discount you are looking at ~$200 for a Spark if you lose it and repurchase it back from DJI, while you also have to deduct from the $200 the $59 for Care Refresh, plus the cost of another two Sparks the average is $60 so that's $80 you pay more if the Spark gets lost but Care Refresh is $59 so the risk to save $20 isn't worth the effort.

2019-6-22
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Yeah - If you pay full price then refresh is helpful.  If you pay the lowest possible price on a referb unit then not so much.
2019-6-22
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

It also takes a month after you first build a case to get your drone back from their repair facility.

State Farm personal items coverage is much better
2019-6-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

But isn't that always with insurances?  My concern: Many people flying in areas, where recovering the bird is almost impossible: money in the drain! ;-)
2019-6-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

SupCarlos Posted at 6-22 20:45
It also takes a month after you first build a case to get your drone back from their repair facility.

State Farm personal items coverage is much better

So see it this way: There are a lot (really, a lot) DJI pilots living outside the US
2019-6-22
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2275102 ft
United Kingdom

When I recieved my Care Refresh replacment in less than a  week, I was very happy with the process of the claim.
Unfortunatley it was a pig to fly and I had to send it back to DJI again, still awaiting for any feedback from them.
When I did a bit of research online it was a very common thing, that customers were recieving faulty units, of course this were refurbished.
According to DJI these are all checked and tested to match standards and performance of brand new drone.
Its clearly not.
2019-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tomasz Laptas Posted at 6-23 02:37
When I recieved my Care Refresh replacment in less than a  week, I was very happy with the process of the claim.
Unfortunatley it was a pig to fly and I had to send it back to DJI again, still awaiting for any feedback from them.
When I did a bit of research online it was a very common thing, that customers were recieving faulty units, of course this were refurbished.

Hi Tomasz, we have replied your own thread, please keep us updated here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-191776-1-1.html Thank you.
2019-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules