Ronin-S + Sony A7 III - MCC-C vs MCC-Multi Cable
5947 5 2019-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuky74
lvl.1
Romania

Hello,

I bought a Ronin-s Essentials Kit and I paired with a Sony A7 III. Now I want to buy a cable to atleast be able to start/stop camera from the gimbal.
At the time of this post the last firmware for Ronin-S is v1.8.0.70 and for camera is 3.01 so what I am asking takes this into consideration.

From what I read using MCC-C cable there are two huge problems. You have to set the USB connection to PC Remote but this disables IBIS (in-body stabilisation) and HDMI output. Probably a camera limitation. But this makes this cable almost useless. You never want to disable IBIS, it makes a big difference even when using camera on gimbal. See here:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_aDB7VWpE

In the compatibility list there is no clear mention of the behaviour of the MCC-multi cable.
So my questions are:

1. Does the MCC-multi cable also disables IBIS?
2. Does the MCC-multi cable also disables HDMI Output?
3. Is there any limitation I should be aware using the MCC-multi cable?

Thank you,
Cristian

2019-6-23
Use props
mohanmahen
lvl.1

Malaysia

It seems there are no need to disable IBIS. at the moment..
2019-6-24
Use props
mohanmahen
lvl.1

Malaysia

2019-6-24
Use props
Kuky74
lvl.1
Romania

Ok, thanks for the response. That video does not show clearly.

But, by some miracle, the local dealer had a MCC-Multi cable so I bought it and I am happy to report that both IBIS and HDMI output are working with it.

So for the Sony users the solution is to dump into the bin the MCC-C cable and buy the MCC-Multi one.
2019-6-26
Use props
PascalR11
lvl.1
Germany

Hello everyone! I recently purchased the A7 III and connected it with the Ronin S. The only thing that doesn't work for me is "half push camera control button to trigger AF". I am using the MCC-C cable. Any ideas what's wrong?
2019-6-26
Use props
Mr.JPG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183704 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The MCC-C cable also disable the play function, you are not able to go through your footage.
Thats why I switched back to the MCC-Multi for the IBIS and Play function.

2019-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules