BEST Video Settings - DJI Osmo Action
19260 28 2019-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karlo_m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 349885 ft
Croatia

Hi guys! I've noticed a lot of people here have questions about various best video settings. So I'm here to help!

Check out my video on best video settings for DJI Osmo Action!

2019-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day karlo_m. Thank you for sharing this information video regarding on what is the best video settings for the  DJI Osmo Action. You did an amazing video and thank you for your support.
2019-6-23
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-23 16:53
Hello and good day karlo_m. Thank you for sharing this information video regarding on what is the best video settings for the  DJI Osmo Action. You did an amazing video and thank you for your support.

No problem, always happy to help other users!
2019-6-23
Use props
Sanadif
New
Greece

Nice overall guide. BUT...
I've noticed that when i'm editing OSMO videos in Premiere, i have a serious loss of quallity, artefacts, ghosting etc. Even on VBR 2 pass with all video rendering methods to max. (appart from bitrate, i didn't try it yet). I'm afraid to implement my OSMO clips with my other cameras footage, if the exporting issue downgrades the OSMO scenes. Does anyone have a clue, how to edit original footage, and export it, without visible artefacts-ghosting-degrading?
2019-6-24
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

Sanadif Posted at 6-24 01:02
I've noticed that when i'm editing OSMO videos in Premiere, i have a serious loss of quallity, artefacts, ghosting etc. Even on VBR 2 pass with all video rendering methods to max. (appart from bitrate, i didn't try it yet). I'm afraid to implement my OSMO clips with my other cameras footage, if the exporting issue downgrades the OSMO scenes. Does anyone have a clue, how to edit original footage, and export it, without visible artefacts-ghosting-degrading?

The artifacts mostly depend on the bitrate, which from what I understand you haven’t tried yet. Set to 20Mbps for an overall alright result, but set at 40 or 50Mbps for an even better result.

100Mbps isn’t a lot, but it's definitely enough to have a good image. Some export settings screenshots might also be helpful.
2019-6-24
Use props
Sanadif
New
Greece

I will try it and see how it turns out. I hope it will do the job.
Then another question will arrise...how to implement OSMO footage to my main cameras recordings in a timeline, and export all of them without boosting the bitrate so much ( tremendous amount of time during rendering).
2019-6-24
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

Sanadif Posted at 6-24 02:26
I will try it and see how it turns out. I hope it will do the job.
Then another question will arrise...how to implement OSMO footage to my main cameras recordings in a timeline, and export all of them without boosting the bitrate so much ( tremendous amount of time during rendering).

The bigger your bitrate the less encoding time you'll have because the CPU won't have to work so much to compress the footage. So the only thing you'll be left with are bigger file sizes, but the encoding time will be quicker.
2019-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good video!
2019-6-24
Use props
Pyroschnüffler
lvl.4
Germany

Can i use this Settings by night for Firework. 24 FPS Shutter 1/50 Iso 100 or 60 FPS Shutter 1/120 Iso 100?
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

karlo_m Posted at 6-23 17:02
No problem, always happy to help other users!

You are very much welcome karlo_m. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-6-24
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

Thank you!
2019-6-24
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

Pyroschnüffler Posted at 6-24 08:10
Can i use this Settings by night for Firework. 24 FPS Shutter 1/50 Iso 100 or 60 FPS Shutter 1/120 Iso 100?

For nighttime, I'd definately suggest 24 fps with 1/50 shutter. Then lift your ISO if needed, if it's too dark.

Just be careful not to overexpose the fireworks!
2019-6-24
Use props
Sanadif
New
Greece

karlo_m Posted at 6-24 05:07
The bigger your bitrate the less encoding time you'll have because the CPU won't have to work so much to compress the footage. So the only thing you'll be left with are bigger file sizes, but the encoding time will be quicker.

Aha...! This might do the work then. I'll have to try. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and experience.
2019-6-24
Use props
Pyroschnüffler
lvl.4
Germany

karlo_m Posted at 6-24 15:32
For nighttime, I'd definately suggest 24 fps with 1/50 shutter. Then lift your ISO if needed, if it's too dark.

Just be careful not to overexpose the fireworks!

Thanks for your Infos.
Greetz
2019-6-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-25
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

You are welcome!
2019-6-25
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Thanks for sharing.
2019-6-25
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

The_Pedro Posted at 6-25 08:04
Thanks for sharing.

You’re welcome!
2019-6-25
Use props
fubag
lvl.1
United States

much thanks bro, recently ordered an osmo action and it arrived today, so can't wait to check out the tips and tricks!
2019-6-26
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

fubag Posted at 6-26 07:45
much thanks bro, recently ordered an osmo action and it arrived today, so can't wait to check out the tips and tricks!

You’re welcome mate! Check out my other videos as well!
2019-6-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

No problem mate
2019-6-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-6-26
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Croatia

No problem!
2019-6-27
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Best video settings for what? Perhaps you should clarify what 24/25fps is for, not everyone or every shoot must be at 24fps... sometimes you want 30fps or 60fps in 4K.
2019-6-30
Use props
Mathieu Chevalier
New

Canada

Sanadif Posted at 6-24 01:02

Have you fixed your problem? I experience the same issue.
2019-7-17
Use props
4lo
lvl.2
United States

Just a heads up.  Shooting 24/25/30 FPS by way of ND filters will make Rocksteady very much less effective. I noticed it on my own footage, also see this video:

2019-7-18
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

4lo Posted at 7-18 12:57
Just a heads up.  Shooting 24/25/30 FPS by way of ND filters will make Rocksteady very much less effective. I noticed it on my own footage, also see this video:

Watching this seems it can upset the image with RS, but is this simply down to putting too dark an ND filter for the available light ?

Since the the action doesn’t know a filter is on, it is simply going on the image presented with an associated amount of light.
2019-7-18
Use props
Micaelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97539 ft
France

hi every one,
so i have this issue since i bought mine 1 month ago.
I used the settings on the video, bought nd filters and the footage was all CRAP.  Shacky, artifacts not stable...
At first i thought i had RS off, so i add the custom profiles so that i could get RS on for sure... guess what...yeah crap.
i contacted dji support wich told me that RS was working and that i should ignore the 180° rule and shoot my footage at 320 + shutter speed and iso on auto. that would be where RS works the best.

so i was wondering, wich settings do you guys use? what are your thoughts? should i just send it back and be done with this?

thank you
2019-10-22
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

"ignore the 180° rule", wow!
2019-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now