Any Idea Why This Happened?
624 7 2019-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xAPG Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4997 ft
United States

All firmware is up to date, and the software is up to date as well.  I use my Galaxy s10+ when flying.
Earlier today I was flying my Mavic Pro out in a local recreational airport.  I was flying for about ten minutes or so when all of a sudden the transmission to my phone cut out and it said that it was disconnected or lost connection to the RC (something along those lines, it doesn't show up in my error log but it was a yellow flash in the top left.). I still had connection to the drone with the RC and could fly no problem but even unlugging the phone and plugging it all back in wouldn't work.  It would just say my phone was charging slowly and wouldn't let me change any of the USB options.  I brought the drone back in and restarted everything and it connected again for a few moments, although this time I couldn't use my EV wheel.  After a few minutes the same thing happened.  I've had this drone for over a month or so and haven't had any issues with it up until this flight.  The only new things are a battery and an micro-sd card.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
2019-6-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I would put my guess on the factory cable you are using supplied with the RC, take that cable out do not use it and use a cable connected to the bottom port of the RC you should not have any further issues with this again.
2019-6-24
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Had the same when the usb cable got a little bit out from the smart phone. Check the cable towards your phone. Even some dust inside the connector of your phone can cause this. Can try to blow it out with a can of air or try to use the big usb connector in the middle, like suggested in former comment.

2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day xAPG Phantom. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to us a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist ? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S10+ ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S10+ will be able to work with the said DJI drone however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy S10+ when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. In addition please check the location where you are flying your drone if there are metal structures that can interfere with the signals of the said drone. I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

2019-6-24
Use props
xAPG Phantom
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-24 10:54
Hello and good day xAPG Phantom. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to us a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist ? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S10+ ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S10+ will be able to work with the said DJI drone however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy S10+ when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. In addition please check the location where you are flying your drone if there are metal structures that can interfere with the signals of the said drone. I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

[view_image]

I appreciate the help.  Any clue when it will be optimized for this phone?  Id prefer not to have to use an old phone if possible.  Thanks again!
2019-6-25
Use props
xAPG Phantom
lvl.1
United States

Suren Posted at 6-24 07:26
I would put my guess on the factory cable you are using supplied with the RC, take that cable out do not use it and use a cable connected to the bottom port of the RC you should not have any further issues with this again.

Ill try that next time i fly.  Thanks!
2019-6-25
Use props
xAPG Phantom
lvl.1
United States

Suren Posted at 6-24 07:26

Ill try that next time i fly.  Thanks!
2019-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

xAPG Phantom Posted at 6-25 12:07
I appreciate the help.  Any clue when it will be optimized for this phone?  Id prefer not to have to use an old phone if possible.  Thanks again!

You are very much welcome xAPG Phantom. As of the moment we do not have any information on the exact time when will the Samsung Galaxy S10+ will be added to the recommended mobile device list. In addition rest assured that our DJI engineers are continuously testing multiple devices to be optimized and to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules