DJI SPARK - I can’t get into OPTI mode
1593 6 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aurocia
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi all,
I’ve tried various shows surfaces but my SPARK always changes to ATTI mode indoors. Tried taking off and it crashed about 4 times as of now due to my panic when it suddenly drifts from the wind by propellers. I watched Youthbe videos demonstrating the OPTI mode and my lighting conditions are similar to theirs. Is there any way to check if the downwards VPS is working? Thank you.

2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Put more light in your living room, put some structure on the ground, try again!
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The Positioning mode will works when the GPS signal is strong with the recommended environment. However, ATTI mode may occur if the environment has a lot of interference and the GPS is not strong enough. It's recommended to fly the drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. For further details, you may check the image below for reference. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-6-24
Use props
Aurocia
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Tony Posted at 6-24 08:49
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The Positioning mode will works when the GPS signal is strong with the recommended environment. However, ATTI mode may occur if the environment has a lot of interference and the GPS is not strong enough. It's recommended to fly the drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. For further details, you may check the image below for reference. We do appreciate your understanding.

[view_image]

If my drone does not show any errors is it confirmed the downward VPS is working? Cause I’m trying to get into OPTI mode
2019-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Afaik just one:
(-"Is there any way to check if the downwards VPS is working?"-)

Get outside, on the sunny side of a tall building.
Start phone and RC, after start bird
As soon as Bird and RC (phone) are connected, start the bird
You should get a height limit (5m or such) as geo fence and your bird should, at least as long the ground has structure, be steady in the air, searching for 8+ sats.Edit: Dont't park it over water for this time. ;-)

Don't forget, indoors, small rooms, AC on, perhaps a(nother) fan (then the Spark) on top, can be challenging for the steadyness.
It is not only about brightness, indoors, so try to start it from something like this, perhaps?

2019-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Aurocia Posted at 6-24 20:31
If my drone does not show any errors is it confirmed the downward VPS is working? Cause I’m trying to get into OPTI mode

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Normally, the application would notify you if there are problems with your aircraft. I would recommend getting your drone outside with sufficient light and strong GPS signal to see if there will be changes. Please ensure that there are no interferences such as a metal object or radio frequency prior to the flight. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-26
Use props
djiuser_0ndWGB53tZX7
lvl.1

Bolivia

Aurocia Posted at 2019-6-24 20:31

Hi... I have the same problem... Mi spark dont shows any error...but never enter in opti mode.... And always in atti mode.... I have tried everything... Calibrate the compass... The Imu, restard the software, everything.... DO YOU FIND THE ERROR????... DO YOU FIXED?? PLEASE ANSWER
2020-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules