Just updated to 1.08.00.20
1157 6 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankThomas
lvl.1

Japan

Heads up all,

I just updated to 1.08.00.20, so for all of you who tried, but couldn't update, give it a shot now. Btw, not really noticing a huge difference with the phase detect af. I doubt it was actual phase detect and probably just marketing talk.
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Make a comparison with iphone focus speed, and you will see whether it is phase detect AF.  
2019-6-24
Use props
FrankThomas
lvl.1

Japan

So are you confirming that the actual phase detect hardware is included in the osmo pocket? Because you can't just poof out a phase detect without specific hardware to do it. After playing around, I do notice that there is less harsh pulsing compared to the original auto focus, but it is also much slower. Honestly, it just looks like contrast detect, but slowed down so the pulls look more deliberate, rather than jumpy and pulsy. It's definitely a GOOD thing, but it still gets tripped up when you do a simple slow tracking shot, with the focus system not being able to keep the object in focus at times, a problem that phase detect AF doesn't struggle with as much as contrast detect.
2019-6-24
Use props
Mr Monio
lvl.4

Ireland

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2019-6-24
Use props
amf14
lvl.2
Philippines

Updated! Focus is faster even in low light. Initially tested with Active Tracking.
2019-6-24
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Taiwan

Do you find out how many focus point they have for the phase detection?
2019-6-24
Use props
zu1
lvl.3

Japan

As you known, for video's af-c the speed is not everything. Speed and stable/accuracy should have the balance. We can take more speed just as capture's liveview, but it will bring the af pump. So we have made the video's af-c softly as an acceptable speed.

The camera has cdaf Af-c  is Gh-5s, Why not make a comparation with this camera to comfirm werther it is pdaf? I think if compared with 1.06, the effect of hybrid-af(PDAF+CDAF) will be shown more obviously. Details report is waiting.

2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules