Finally V01.08.00.20 update and Phase detection auto focus
7597 57 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

It looks fast but it doesn't look good to me. It is clearly contrast detection, goes forward and back.. pulsing. But maybe this is as good as it can be. If it really has Phase detection autofocus, they it can be better. But maybe it is just fake phase detection.

For fast vlogging, it can be good. But I will wait to see more examples. 1.07 version is nice, slow and smooth. But depending on what kind of footage your are doing, fast or slow, one would ideally want to choose to activate the phase detection(or fake phase detection) or not. I hope in next firmware update this would be an option. Otherwise I may stay in 1.07 forever.
2019-6-26
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

Phase detection itself probably won't stop pulsing, it might do it faster than contrast detection. To stop pulsing you are going to need a stepper motor pushing and pulling the lens so it can quickly evaluate sharpness in increments rather than going all the way from distant to close focus.
2019-6-26
Use props
RailwayFX
lvl.2
Russia

Updates are good! Any news about *.dng raw timelapse/hyperlapse option and sharpen control?
2019-6-26
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 6-26 03:33
https://youtu.be/6NP-dDEl0Bc

Thanks for the test video. Looks good.
2019-6-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Concerning pulsing - I'm not seeing it in my test video but perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough.  I do remember a week or two back I was getting ready to do some video, and while checking everything out I noticed pulsing was really bad.   Then I noticed that it was set to photo, not video.  I guess pulsing in photo doesn't matter as you won't see that movement in a still picture, obviously.
2019-6-26
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Looks to me like PDAF first and CDAF adjusting at the end to make sure the focus is dead on.
2019-6-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Another thought - particularly with the close-up of the tree, no gimbal can help to compensate for me not being totally stable side-to-side, front to back, and up and down.  So having focussed on the tree, I'm then moving very slightly closer and further away, and rocking a bit too no doubt, and that will be giving the focussing system work to do to continually adjust the close focus.  Really I should have used a tripod to eliminate that slight movment, which can become significant at a very short distance from the target.
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think as a focus system for this price of Camera is pretty good, I think poster number 29 needs to get his checked because overall improvements form day 1 have been IMO pretty good , and I for one am pleased with this camera .
2019-6-26
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

look at this test video from 3:45
it seems faster to detect closer objects than to restore focus to the background. Interesting. It is quite fast. But you can also notice the small back and forth movement typical of contrast detection.
2019-6-26
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Is it possible to make on next update DNG files in Timelapse?
2019-6-26
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

hedac Posted at 6-26 08:57
it seems faster to detect closer objects than to restore focus to the background. Interesting. It is quite fast. But you can also notice the small back and forth movement typical of contrast detection.
https://youtu.be/3jJ8PBPSMlY?t=215

Thanks @hedac
2019-6-26
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

It is a good thing to give front object a higher piority than background, it is far worse if the front object is slower and the background is instant fast. Especially when shooting people, sometimes the person leave the center the camera will wait for a few second before the person comes back and refocus again. I don't like how smartphone work in those situation, if a person leave the view for one second the focus will snap back to the far background, like I have more interest in the background than the person, I prefer how OSMO Pocket works, it always give the front object higher focus speed which give more cinegraphic feeling
2019-6-26
Use props
zu1
lvl.3

Japan

It is the hybrid-af. Pdaf give the defocus and cdaf search the peak. So you can see af-c works speedly and accurately than cdaf only.
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Matt_ Posted at 6-24 17:32
Recently got an Osmo Pocket and just did this update so I can't compare too much to the previous focusing however:

After the update the waterproof case mode was turned on, either by the update or by me accidentally? Commonly used settings become greyed out with no explanation other than a small icon being present (It's obvious once you know - but unclear otherwise). It should ideally mention "Option locked due to waterproof case mode" when you try to click a disabled option? Took me a while to find the option to turn off this mode and I couldn't figure out why it was locked facing upwards.

DJI Mimo 1.1.8 will fix Pixel 3 issue . Plz kindly wait for the release
2019-6-26
Use props
kin12
lvl.1

United States

I updated the latest firmware. Now my LG G6 android cannot connect to osmo pocket at all. ANyone has the same issue?
2019-6-28
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Is there a way to set the compression rate for JPEG files in timelapse ? or maybe let us to select DNG instead of JPEG ?
Current JPEG quality completely unacceptable for use.
2019-6-30
Use props
fans4366d348
lvl.2
United States

NeonAura Posted at 6-24 12:44
My attempts to update to 01.08... still getting either 0% or 50% and then stuck.  I have reformat a 128 SD twice to no avail.

Hey i'm exactly same issue as u , got stuck in 51%. reinsall mimo, format my sd card, restart my phone and restart my osmo pocket. all tried but not working
2019-7-1
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Nice shot mate...... winter downunder
2019-7-1
Use props
Advanced