Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GJO GO 4 for Android crashes on Android Q Beta 4
3084 15 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chahk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84199 ft
United States

Latest app version from Play Store (4.3.20) does not start at all on my Pixel 3a XL running Android Q Beta 4.  Here are the relevant exerts from the logcat: https://pastebin.com/MWWn2kxN

According to the Play Store reviews, this is happening on all devices running Q Beta 4.

2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chahk. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to us a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist ? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 3a XL ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Pixel 3a XL will be able to work with the said DJI drone however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Pixel 3a XL when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem.

2019-6-24
Use props
Chahk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84199 ft
United States

Thank you, Stephen.

The app worked on my Pixel 3a XL when it was running latest stable Android version 9.0 (Pie), but started crashing when I went to Q beta.  Judging by the recent Google Play Store reviews, this is also happening on supported devices such as Pixel 2 XL. It seems changes in Android Q are breaking the DJI GO 4 app.  Please do pass this on to the development team, so that they have a chance to fix this before final version of Android Q is released.
2019-6-24
Use props
djiuser_qy348DG2Kzy0
lvl.1
Ecuador

Same here man!!

I changed from my Pixel 2 to Pixel 3 and the I can not make use my drone... Dammit!

I really like your product, but please tell me why would you not make compatible your product for a GOOGLE PHONE like the PIXEL 3? They are a huge company, with arguably the best phone of 2018 (Pixel 2)

Do you see this been solved in the near future? Or should I get my old IPAD Air to fly the drone?

Cheers!
2019-6-24
Use props
TheFrisco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30023 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-24 09:03
Hello and good day Chahk. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to us a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist ? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 3a XL ) on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Pixel 3a XL will be able to work with the said DJI drone however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Pixel 3a XL when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem.

[view_image]

Doesn't work on the Pixel 3 XL either, with Android Q Beta 5 ... Really disappointing given this beta has been out for months!!!
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TheFrisco. I am sorry for the trouble. Upon checking the Google Pixel 3 XL. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is also not yet optimized for the DJI Go 4 application. In addition I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further development. Thank you.
2019-8-3
Use props
fans2286760a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41716 ft
Netherlands

The product pages list the Google Pixel 2XL as supported device, but DJI GO 4 still crashes on startup running Android Q RC5.
Android Q and its APIs are stable now, so isn't it about time we get to use our drones again?
2019-8-3
Use props
fans3d30a645
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1401808 ft
Hong Kong

Same issue on OnePlus 7 Pro
2019-8-7
Use props
fans2286760a
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-3 09:15
Hello and good day TheFrisco. I am sorry for the trouble. Upon checking the Google Pixel 3 XL. I am sorry to say that this mobile device is also not yet optimized for the DJI Go 4 application. In addition I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further development. Thank you.

The last stable RC is released and Q will be released in 2 weeks. Still not working on Pixel 2XL. When can we expect the app to work again?
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans2286760a Posted at 8-8 15:11
The last stable RC is released and Q will be released in 2 weeks. Still not working on Pixel 2XL. When can we expect the app to work again?

Hello and good day. Thank you for the information you have provided. As of the moment we do not have any update with regards to the said matter. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are doing there best  in testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and for your support.
2019-8-9
Use props
Alexandr Kovalenko
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-9 09:15
Hello and good day. Thank you for the information you have provided. As of the moment we do not have any update with regards to the said matter. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are doing there best  in testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and for your support.

Guys, it is not how billion dollar company should work.
Android 10 release is in about 1-2 weeks and your app still does not work.

Also, please stop this "supported devices" nonsense. It does not depend on the device, it depends on your developers didn't test your app and didn't make it compatible with Android 10.

I've paid substantial amount of money for your device, which cost to produce is about 1/6th of the price you are asking for it. Please use the other 5/6 to hire professional developers, not some students.
2019-8-14
Use props
fans2286760a
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello and good day. Thank you for the information you have provided. As of the moment we do not have any update with regards to the said matter. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are doing there best  in testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and for your support.

The problem here is that the device is already on the recommended device list, but it is not supported somehow? How can we know which devices are actually supported and which ones are just listed but ignored? That sounds like misleading advertising to me.
2019-8-16
Use props
hmnd
lvl.1

Canada

Hello and good day. Thank you for the information you have provided. As of the moment we do not have any update with regards to the said matter. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are doing there best  in testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and for your support.

The problem here is that the Pixel 2 XL, for instance, is an officially compatible device, as you can see in the screenshot below. However, the DJI Go 4 app still does not work in Android Q which will be available on the Pixel very soon. A response like yours does not instill confidence in DJI customers like us who prefer to use Android with our products that we paid you thousands of dollars for. We would like to at least see a roadmap or esitmated release date for a fix to the app.

2019-8-20
Use props
hmnd
lvl.1

Canada

Sorry, wrong image. See below.

2019-8-20
Use props
djiuser_LwWublrejPNb
New

Canada

I'm on Pixel XL with Q beta and App crashes on launch, just after splash screen. Any update on this please?
2019-8-22
Use props
hmnd
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_LwWublrejPNb Posted at 8-22 08:06
I'm on Pixel XL with Q beta and App crashes on launch, just after splash screen. Any update on this please?

A new version of the app has been released that no longer crashes on Android 10. It's up on the Play Store now, but it looks like it's been rolled out incrementally so you may not be able to get it from there yet. I have downloaded it straight from the store and made it available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l2eAZCgdeBpyelM3KD_Zl_Nmw7L_rcBM/view?usp=sharing
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules