Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S on DJI Pilot Mapping Drama's
8782 12 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peteFNQ
New

Australia

Hello,
I have a Matrice 210 V2 and X5S 15mm lens. When I try to use the mapping on Pilot it does not recognise the camera. Defaults come up which don't include the X5S. The gimbal and lens are updated as is all firmware.
So I go to "Custom Camera" and I have to input photo size width & height in px, sensor size width & height in mm and focal length in mm.
After reading all specs on the X5S nothing states the above information. I have attached photos of what I'm seeing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm stumped on what to do next.

IMG_6935.JPG

Pilot Mapping

Pilot Mapping
2019-6-24
Use props
NTM210RTKV2
Flight distance : 17579 ft
United States

I have a similar question. We have the X7 with the 16 and 50 mm lenses. I am looking for the information to add them as custom cameras. Or please add them and let us know to update the firmware.
2019-6-29
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me too M210 V2 w/ X5S, but no choice for that camera in Pilot. Please advise.
2019-7-10
Use props
Colinbro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39725469 ft
United States

We just received our Matrice 210 v2 and X5S... Having the exact same problem.  We need to get out mapping ASAP, has anyone come up with a work around... Id prefer to use the crystal sky tablet and not resort to a mobile device (with drone deploy).

Thanks
2019-8-24
Use props
El Kab0ng
First Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>

I'll guess I'll chime in here since I have the same issue and we have yet to hear from DJI on this... Anyone else feel like that when they bought their M210, they were abandoned by DJI? I certainly do...
2019-9-4
Use props
fans1be118ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 661713 ft
  • >>>

I would also like to know what these settings should be configured at for an OEM DJI product. I note that only mechanical shutter cameras are listed but why exclude the 16mm and 50mm Zenmuse X7 lenses?
2019-10-8
Use props
Dr0n3f0rGr8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 661713 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Here is the feedback I received from DJI via a support ticket.

It is only X7 35mm and 24mm are in the default list, X5s need to fill in the information by yourself.
Sensor Size (Width) : 17.3mm
Sensor Size (Height): 13mm
Focal Length:  please depend on the proportion as following
4:3, 5280 x 3956
16:9, 5280 x 2970
Hope it helps someone else.
2019-10-19
Use props
mn037608\
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12142 ft
United States

I guess I'll post as well!  X7 takes way too long to cycle for taking mapping picts, so I bought the X4S due to many posts that the mechanical shutter was the way to go.  Why does DJI say the X4S, X5S, and the X7 are supported by the Matrice 210 RTK V2 when so many of us are looking for the same answers?  I've been SOLD! maybe down the river!!

I for one am recommending to everyone to NOT buy any more DJI products due to their terribly incorrect web pages, lack of sales ethics, and poor support!
2019-10-31
Use props
roysmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112858 ft
United Kingdom

Totally Agree,

I have even spoken to China today and the "Professional Department" who look after the sales and Matrice 200 V2 series want shooting along with the CEO of the company for letting so many companies / businesses down. I have issues with Pilot, the new Cendence control with non compatibility and the Crystal Sky which is compatible with about nothing...   on the market ..

How many more I wonder have the same issues.??  When researching the Crystal sky issues, i noted the forum was full of complaints ...  The phone number for DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS +86 (755) 3298 1819

2019-11-29
Use props
roysmith
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Totally Agree,

I have even spoken to China today and the "Professional Department" who look after the sales and Matrice 200 V2 series want shooting along with the CEO of the company for letting so many companies / businesses down. I have issues with Pilot, the new Cendence control with non compatibility and the Crystal Sky which is compatible with about nothing...   on the market ..

How many more I wonder have the same issues.??  When researching the Crystal sky issues, i noted the forum was full of complaints ...  The phone number for DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS +86 (755) 3298 1819

The 2 guys I spoke to were really good, but do not work with the professional team, I got no answers, they can only come by email in 48 business hours.... TALK ABOUT UN-PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT...      I even tried the UK wholesaler who also could not answer - and was not aware of the lack of software integration between the product range.

If I dont get the answers to the questions - or SOFTWARE UPGRADES AS THEY KEEP SAYING ARE COMING, THEN THIS PURCHASE HAS BEEN THE WORST INVESTMENT EVER..
2019-11-29
Use props
roysmith
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, got this data today from DJI..

Thank you for your reply.

For the Z30 and X5S cameras are not listed on the DJI Pilot APP, we have reported it to our senior engineer, hope to make further updates in the future. Thank you for your suggestion.

For the data:
a. Name - X5S
Photo size (Width)
Photo Size (Height)
Please input the one you want to use: Photo Resolutions
4:3, 5280×3956
16:9, 5280×2970
Sensor Size (Width) 17.3mm
Sensor size (Height) 13.0mm
Focal Lenght 15mm
This is the above parameter of our standard lens(DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH). If you use the third-party lenses, their parameters are depending on this lens model. We suggest that you consult the lens manufacturer.

Name - Z30 ( the parameter as below)
Photo size (Width): 1920
Photo Size (Height): 1080​
Sensor size: 4.59mm×3.42mm
Focal Length: 4.3mm-129mm (choose the focal length you need)

For the Min Interval, I am confirming it, So I will give you feedback about the further process.

This data may help..
2019-12-4
Use props
Trav001
lvl.1

Australia

I'm in the same boat. The above helps with our x5s so thanks! I also need info for the enterprise dual EO camera.... that's even harder to find!!!
EDIT:
Did info re: min interval get back to you?
2020-1-8
Use props
fans98622823
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078245 ft
Turkey

Anyone using zenmuse z30 for mapping?If anyone is using the z30, how many mm does the focal length set when flying at a height of 50 meters?
2020-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules