2025 19 2019-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 438412 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone, I’ve been Dji drone user for quite a while. I recently bought a Mavic 2 pro from Dji website and I received a drone with camera shaking effect while flying right and left ( not talking about right and left yaw ). Today after a whole month of exchange process I received Mavic 2 pro again. I mentioned in my notes of my case that I need a new replacement not a refurbished one as a replacement because I bought a new drone and I require you to send me a new one not a refurbished one and mentioned clearly that if you can’t send a new one back please refund the money. But this is Dji, they send a refurbished one as expected and neglecting all the notes that I put in with my case number. So back to the replacement that I just received, this one is now have an issue where it is not switching from picture mode to video recording mode. Weird!! Secondly, the drone is not even connecting to the Dji assistant 2 for Mavic 2. I did all firmware update downgrades and upgrades again from controller. I did all IMU, compass, gimbal calibrations probably 3-4 times now. Tried Dji go 4 app reinstallation. Tried reinstalling assistant 2 for Mavic 2. Nothing fixes the issue. Honestly speaking, it’s time to try Autel because clearly Dji shows no ethics for business and customer service.  
2019-6-24
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

They will sort you out here.

One question though. Were you unable to buy the drone from an authorized retailer in your country?

Seems quite a lot of folks buy direct from DJI. Nothing wrong with that I guess but it does make it somewhat cumbersome if something goes wrong ... unless you live in china.
2019-6-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding the switching from picture mode to video recording mode, may I have a short video of your operation? Also, what's the current version of DJI Assistant 2 do you use? Is there any chance change to another PC to verify? If it is convenient, please kindly provide us with your previous case number, we'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.
2019-6-24
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-24 23:54
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding the switching from picture mode to video recording mode, may I have a short video of your operation? Also, what's the current version of DJI Assistant 2 do you use? Is there any chance change to another PC to verify? If it is convenient, please kindly provide us with your previous case number, we'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.

My previous case number is CAS-3145705–M6Q3J8
And yes I I can upload a video on YouTube and let you see it. I’m attaching screenshots of the app info. In overall status of the aircraft in the app, it shows nothing about firmware, you can not even change any picture setting from 4:3 to any other ratio, and also I mentioned in my notes that I need a new replacement not a refurbished one, Dji send a drone on which the camera gimbal has been worked on. I can see the the signs of use and there were no sealing on it to prove that’s a brand new gimbal. SHAME ON YOU DJI!!
C543A682-C508-45B0-902A-C456BF07B56D.png
5BA4994F-AA06-4E8B-9B07-97EAF2D84B73.png
4D6463AA-4E91-41B1-AE8D-BAC9A653044B.jpeg
2019-6-25
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I bought it from their website, I’m from US. This was the last time I buy from their website. Horrible experience. Cost me money and time.
2019-6-25
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

https://youtu.be/394hmVNU5uQ

That’s the link for the video showing that I’m hit the video switching icon and goes right back to photo mode.
2019-6-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc94f3a8f Posted at 6-25 05:17

That’s the link for the video showing that I’m hit the video switching icon and goes right back to photo mode.

Received with thanks! One point needs to be confirmed: Could you take pictures or recording normally? I've checked your video again, it will be a red circle when switched to Photo Mode and a ring when switched to video mode, this is normal for Mavic 2 Pro. Please kindly clarify if there is any misunderstanding, thanks!
2019-6-25
Use props
Stryker03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 206345 ft

United States

These type of issues is why I always try to buy from a local retailer.
2019-6-26
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-25 20:23
Received with thanks! One point needs to be confirmed: Could you take pictures or recording normally? I've checked your video again, it will be a red circle when switched to Photo Mode and a ring when switched to video mode, this is normal for Mavic 2 Pro. Please kindly clarify if there is any misunderstanding, thanks!

Let me clearify, whenever I push the switching icon, it switches for split second and goes back to photo mode by itself. And that’s exactly I’m doing in the video. You can see that it switches back over and over again by itself.
2019-6-28
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Stryker03 Posted at 6-26 00:58
These type of issues is why I always try to buy from a local retailer.

You are right, I wish I had bought from Best Buy , at least they have business ethics and fast service without any questions asked. Like I called them today asked them how much will be refunded back, they said once the drone will arrive we will let you know how much we will refund...... so okay, first you send me a defective drone, and now you will not refund my full money? That’s a sue case right there. Trust me, if that’s what they going to do, I will talk to my lawyer.
2019-6-28
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

have you tried a mobile / tablet change? Did you have to use an Apple device? maybe you will solve the photo / video switch problem ... I think
2019-6-29
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 6-29 15:35
have you tried a mobile / tablet change? Did you have to use an Apple device? maybe you will solve the photo / video switch problem ... I think

Did tried it. Used different phones everything, nothing worked
2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc94f3a8f Posted at 6-28 20:52
Let me clearify, whenever I push the switching icon, it switches for split second and goes back to photo mode by itself. And that’s exactly I’m doing in the video. You can see that it switches back over and over again by itself.

Thanks for the clarification. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may need to send the unit in again. Your case has been escalated to the management for better assistance, they will review and contact you during working time soon.
2019-6-30
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-30 18:37
Thanks for the clarification. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may need to send the unit in again. Your case has been escalated to the management for better assistance, they will review and contact you during working time soon.

I already send it back I have a new case number now, I send it back for refund
2019-7-1
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bro it sounds like you have a device problem not an aircraft problem
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc94f3a8f Posted at 7-1 07:55
I already send it back I have a new case number now, I send it back for refund

The designated team will take care of your case once they received the unit and we'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment.
2019-7-2
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-2 18:23
The designated team will take care of your case once they received the unit and we'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment.

Damage assessment? You already send me a scratched up drone a scratched up refurbished drone, and Dji will blame it on me? Wow. Just things making my case strong thank you, I have all the screen shots of this thread for future use in court.
2019-7-3
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 7-2 17:44

I tried both of my phone galaxy note 5 and iPhone X, same issue.
2019-7-3
Use props
fansc94f3a8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 7-2 17:44

I have tried both of my devices galaxy note 5 and iPhone X, same issue. Tried redownloading Dji go app, still same issue. It’s an aircraft issue not a device issue bro
2019-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc94f3a8f Posted at 7-3 02:05
Damage assessment? You already send me a scratched up drone a scratched up refurbished drone, and Dji will blame it on me? Wow. Just things making my case strong thank you, I have all the screen shots of this thread for future use in court.

I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience caused. The management will keep following up your case, and we'll keep an eye on it as well.
2019-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules