Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do you think this will work...? Question about magnetic interference
890 7 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMR58
Captain
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Installed the Mavic controller with a strong Velcro strip on the steering wheel of the motorcycle, prepairing to make some active track shots in the open.

It feels solid, antenna's are free but behind the windscreen...anyway i'm going to test the construction first with a safe-line.

Do you think there will be compass malfunction because of magnetic interference from the motorcycle to the controller or is the magnetic interference only a problem for the drone itself, i had a good compass calibration for the Mavic away of any metal.

Maby some tips?
Sorry for the turned pics, can't find a way to post them here upright..

IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg
2019-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching out this query. The interferences may not affect to the drone itself as long as it's flying in the recommended environment, however, since the remote is installed from the motorcycle there's a possibility that the connection between the RC and aircraft that might be caused a disconnection problem. We're recommending flying the drone in open areas away from possible magnetic interferences such as metal objects or radio frequency. Thank you for understanding.
2019-6-25
Use props
playtime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17439970 ft
Australia

Might be an idea to park somewhere nice open area and fly the drone from on the bike this should give a good indication of any interference .Good luck safe flying.looks more than solid enough
2019-6-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Not a good idea  piloting drone and a motorbike at the same time. The possibilities of crashing one of them are big.... even with active tracking you will be distracted, worried about the drone.
2019-6-25
Use props
James 0522
Second Officer
Flight distance : 191493 ft
United States

Your going to drive your motorcycle, and try to control your drone at the same time?
What could possibly go wrong? Crashing the motorcycle and your drone at the same time possibly.
Please don't! Get a friend to ride the bike while you film.
2019-6-26
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

There is no compass in the remote. You can only experience a problem when the drone itself is near a source of magnetic interference.
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It won’t effect your craft, but magnets in your RC can cause some problems, although in this case you are probably safe enough.

2019-6-26
Use props
JMR58
Captain
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 6-26 13:45
It won’t effect your craft, but magnets in your RC can cause some problems, although in this case you are probably safe enough.

Thanks hallmark for this controller/magnetic interference warning!
Also thanks to the others for their concerns and tips!
They made me be even more careful.
I give it a try and about connection, there was no connection lost between controller and the M2.
I could easily see on the iPhone7 screen when M2 couldn't follow any more..
It was in SAFE mode, but i avoided obstacles like cables---didn't have any beep for this first video flight.
So for me, active track in the open is pure fun.
will try to upload some vid.

IMG_0089.jpeg
2019-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules