Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI can you turn off sharpening on Osmo Pocket?
5475 10 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hannah O'Connor
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi, I'm a professional travel/beauty vlogger, got the Osmo Pocket a while ago and have been enjoying the portability/versatility of it, well done DJI!

BUT!! When vlogging, the default sharpening really highlights every tiny flaw/blemish on my face!! Often times I had to add lots of blur effect in editing just to get rid of the excessive sharpening! For a product designed to shoot faces it's unbelievable how much edge halo/aliasing it introduces.

DJI can you develop an "OFF" option for sharpening? like "off, low, high" similar to GoPro?

2019-6-25
Use props
Gulfstream
First Officer
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting... If you don't need 4K you might try HD, and also go into settings and make sure that "SuperFine" isn't selected for quality. I have not seen the "super halo" you speak of at all when the video is exposed correctly. There are hundreds of OP video posts in various OP Facebook groups that don't exhibit what you're stating at all.
2019-6-25
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Actually, now Gulfstream has mentioned it, the 'Superfine' setting may be just what you need. What Superfine does is add noise reduction to the recording which is normally used to reduce noise at higher ISO settings but also normally has the effect of softening the image slightly as it slightly 'blurs' the images to reduce the effect of any possible image noise in a recording.
2019-6-25
Use props
djiuser_MSp0byzRB0uq
New

Pakistan

Have the osmo action auto focus feature?
2019-6-25
Use props
djiuser_MSp0byzRB0uq
New

Pakistan

2019-6-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_MSp0byzRB0uq Posted at 6-25 20:02

No - it is a fixed focus lens - but you should be asking in the Osmo Action forum, not the Osmo Pocket forum.
2019-6-25
Use props
RailwayFX
lvl.1
Russia

Hi, Hannah!

Yes, there is a problem with over-sharpening, hope DJI will add an option for control this. As for me, I use post-processing preset to fix this issue. I use Adobe After Effect plug-in S_effect from "Sapphire Boris FX", custom preset. Here is the difference:

You can download my presets here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... exTxuGb?usp=sharing
Edit: also made a preset with no 3rd-party effects for Adobe After Effects
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JG82Ih_W8dXBA42RmU047X04hWiCJaRL/view?usp=sharing

2019-6-26
Use props
Hannah O'Connor
lvl.1

Ireland

Superfine turns on aggressive noise reduction and further sharpening, the variable bitrate sometimes drops to as low as 11Mbps for 4K. The quality in lower light situations is horrible.

There really should be an option to control sharpening, contrast and saturation.
2019-6-26
Use props
edwardyyy
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Yes! We need options to control sharpening, contrast and saturation.
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hannah O'Connor. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided us today. Let me please forward these information/thread to the designated department.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-6-28
Use props
FFS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Absolutely, there is far too much sharpening applied to the Pocket’s image. The problem is quite evident on closeups and foliage tends to look quite hard and... sharp.
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules