EEK! A new airport has appeared
685 7 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Eek! I just looked at "Airmap" and there's a new airport just east of here leaving a little sliver of class G airspace where it was open for a long way just the other day. It doesn't show on the sectional at SkyVector. Yet.

The park I sometimes fly in is still open, but just barely.
2019-6-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is it known to DJI, already? ;-)
2019-6-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I started to fly it was Parks only.  I got scared flying over water, over traffic, high, etc. but you need to trust nothing bad would happen.
2019-6-25
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239091 ft
United States

I have had an issue with AirMap where I have a "church" one block away, guess what there is nothing there!!! I emailed them to update the map still waiting. Have you physically seen the airport? They just don't pop up out of nowhere.....
2019-6-26
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

I first saw it while looking at my flight records in GO4. "Yikes! Where'd THAT come from?"
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate sharing this here in DJI Forum. Please be cautious in the environment when flying your drone as this may cause the incident. Thank you for continued support.
2019-6-26
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 6-25 22:13
Is it known to DJI, already? ;-)

FAA publishes data for companies to pick up. I expect AirMap and DJI both use the same source.
2019-6-26
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
United States

The new Class E area seems to be for "Flying Eagle Estates," which shows on the sectional but does not have a magenta circle.

I think my nearby practice area is still just outside the new area. Perhaps I'll walk over there and see.
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules