Mavic Air flopped into a pool, then erratically flew before crashing
1398 8 2019-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KeystoneState
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162848 ft
United States

So two days ago, my Mavic Air started to fly eratically and either due to user error or drone error I crashed my 1 month own Mavic air into a saltwater pool in my backyard. After it splashed into the pool, I quickly thrusted the joystick up and the drone actually regained lift, got about 5 meters in the air, then all four propellers abruptly stopped before it came crashing to the ground. (Landed on grass)

At first inspection the drone seemed fine, I brushed it off, shook it a bit to get the water out, and honestly it didn't seem wet at all. I attempted to power the drone on after full inspection, and it worked fine for about a minute, then it said it requested a reboot. I rebooted the done, and now when it's powered on the LED flashes all colors for a few seconds, before staying solid red... critical error. For the past few days I've had the drone sitting on a fan trying to dry it out. (didn't have littler or rice to put it in)....

I realize It's probably shot, but I wanted to explain what happened to see if anyone had any advice on getting it to work again. Unfortuantely I didn't purchase the care plan for the drone (bought at bestbuy) through DJI in time, and when I went to buy it, I had already had the drone out and flown, had already replaced the propellers, therefore I didn't think I had a shot at DJI giving me the care plan.

I've had the thing for 3 weeks, blew almost a grand on the entire package and now? ....

What are my options?
2019-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi KeystoneState, we are sorry for what happened, since the drone has been crashed into the saltwater pool, it's probably water-damaged. When the aircraft is water-damaged, its performance may be severely affected and the aircraft will be beyond repair.
You cannot purchase DJI Care Refresh directly because it has been activated over 48 hours, otherwise, you will need to take the video to verify the drone is still in good and working condition, apparently, this is not gonna work.
But if you believe the accident has nothing to do with the pilot operation, please contact our support www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, our team will help figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2019-6-26
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Call them, create a repair case, ship it to California for assessment.  The whole process will take a month, but they may be able to repair it.
2019-6-26
Use props
KeystoneState
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162848 ft
United States

SupCarlos Posted at 6-26 11:13
Call them, create a repair case, ship it to California for assessment.  The whole process will take a month, but they may be able to repair it.

Great advice, thanks guys... i'll get the process started.
2019-6-26
Use props
Cam9292
New
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Canada

I just had something similar happen, but it decided to turn it's self off just hovering over a pool, was less than 24hrs old.
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cam9292 Posted at 7-1 06:08
I just had something similar happen, but it decided to turn it's self off just hovering over a pool, was less than 24hrs old.

Hi Cam9292, sorry to hear that, was the drone crashed?
2019-7-1
Use props
Cam9292
New
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-1 18:59
Hi Cam9292, sorry to hear that, was the drone crashed?

Crash crashed? I sent the flight logs in and was told to send to the service center for them to check it, I'm guessing...?
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cam9292 Posted at 7-2 15:28
Crash crashed? I sent the flight logs in and was told to send to the service center for them to check it, I'm guessing...?

Sorry for the wrong typing, I see our support team has replied to your email and guide you what to do, please keep us updated if you have further concern.
2019-7-3
Use props
djiuser_OmSekTwEOTAD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Netherlands

Mine just went haywire on the third flight. It just went up and then with the cross wind. I was lucky to even find it. I found it on the roof of an apartment building, which I was even lucky to be able to get it to recover the drone.
2019-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules