Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bring your drone to Canada
917 3 2019-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I am contemplating a holiday.

Having been in contact with the Canadia authorities this is the reply I got to my enquiry as to what steps I have to take to bring and fly my drone there;

services@tc.gc.ca

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting the Transport Canada Civil Aviation Communications Centre.

In regards to your inquiry,  since you are not a Canadian citizen andas a foreign operator in order to fly in Canada you will have to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC). To apply go to:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviation/drone-safety/getting-permission-fly-drone-current-rules/applying-special-flight-operations-certificate-current-rules.html

Should you need other information on civil aviation matters, please feel free to contact us via email at services@tc.gc.ca.

Best Regards,

Patricia Lavergne

Information Officer, Director General Office, Civil Aviation

Transport Canada / Government of Canada

Agent d’information, Bureau des directeurs généraux, Aviation civile
Transports Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

Show quoted text

2019-6-26
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps this helps
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this informative thread to our valued DJI Forum members, who would like to bring the drone in Canada in the future. Thank you for continued support.
2019-6-26
Use props
fans18f269d6
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Has anyone filled in the paperwork to go to Canada from the UK and got approval? If so what did you actually fill in for the pilot and drone reg etc.?
2019-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules