ATTI Mode.
700 2 2019-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BluprintZ
New
Flight distance : 12871 ft
United Kingdom

Afew weeks ago, my Sprk went into the ATTO mode and crashed, only just missed going into the sea.
In the 18 months i've owned the drone, this is the first time i've had any problems with it and i'm going mad with frustration.
I have contacted DJi support ad the agent assigned to me was very helpful and suggested several ways to correct it, although i had already pretty much tried most of them, after checking on youtube etc for help.
There seems to be quite a lot of info about putting the drone into ATTI mode, via the sport mode switch on the controller but zilch on how to put it beck into normal or P mode.
I suppose i was expecting DJi support to just say, do this and it will revert back to normal mode but all i really got were suggestions about flying the drone in different locations, away from electrical or magnetic sources, which lets be honest, we are pretty much surrounded by 24/7.
I did have around 11-12 Satellites on a normal flying session, up until a few weeks back, when the drone went haywire and crashed.
I would have thought that DJi would have come across this problem many times and would be able to sort the problem out fairly quickly, unless of course i've fried the IMU!

2019-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BluprintZ. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. Since there was a crash that happened on your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team for further help at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for understanding and for your support.
2019-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

BluprintZ,

Take a look at your logs and try to see what could have been the cause of your Spark entering ATTI mode. Outside of IMU failure (which is certainly possible), you may see some errors. ATTI mode is caused by disagreement between various IMU components which prevents Spark firmware to fly the drone (or rather correct drone's course). If IMU components are misbehaving you cannot force Spark back to P mode because it could make the situation worse (ATTI mode is entered to help you and not to hinder you). I trust that you checked your IMU calibration and compass calibration. These are obvious culprits in most ATTI situations. But you cannot simply dismiss electromagnetic sources with a statement that we are surrounded by them 24/7. Yes we are and most such fields will not cause Spark to malfunction but, for example, flying Spark close to high voltage lines is asking for trouble.

Switching quickly between Sport and regular mode can sometimes get you out of ATTI mode (I guess it may have something to do with the way gyroscope and accelerometer work in Spark. But this is sometimes. In most situations Spark either gets back to P automatically when condition causing it stops or stays in ATTI until you bring it back manually.

In any case, if you calibrated IMU and compass, did not fly in vicinity of high voltage lines or in vicinity of high concentration of iron (bridges etc), and if you did not take off from reinforced concrete or iron, you should let DJI look at your logs and determine if your IMU is perhaps damaged.

Best of luck.

Mirek   
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules