Obstacle Avoidance Sensors gone bad? (SOLVED)
844 3 2019-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

All of the sudden I've noticed that OAS on my Inspire 2 is gone. No matter what I do I can't activate it, OAS icon remains alarmingly red. Bottom sensors seem to work since landing gear automatically reacts to ground proximity. Dare to test upward facing sensors ... All up to date, checked on iOS and CrystalSky devices ... No panic since I never rely on OAS and don't care about radar display, but still it's good to have it in case of emergency RTH. Ideas?

EDIT: It turned out that the OA sensors are turned off by default while the Inspire 2 is on the ground. Once up with raised landing gear the system kick on and works as expected.
This is different from what Phantom 4 Pro is offering, which caused my confusion. All is good now!
2019-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Matthew Dobrski. Thank you for reaching out and for the update. It is great to know that you have fixed the said issue. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-6-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-28 08:34
Hello and good day Matthew Dobrski. Thank you for reaching out and for the update. It is great to know that you have fixed the said issue. Have a safe and happy flying always.

In contrary, Stephen, I didn't fix the issue. The issue is still there, showing inactive Obstacle Avoidance sensors while they are - in fact - active. It's a bug.
2019-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 6-28 10:22
In contrary, Stephen, I didn't fix the issue. The issue is still there, showing inactive Obstacle Avoidance sensors while they are - in fact - active. It's a bug.

Thank you Matthew Dobrski for the additional information you have provided. Let me please forward this informtion to the proper DJI department for us to be able to check on this matter. Thank you for your understanding and valued support.
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules