Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS/Max Altitute
539 6 2019-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roubs
lvl.1

Canada

Hello everyone,

So I have had my Spark for a few months now and have had no probs flying at all.  Then last week I went to go out for a bit and I got a "max altitude reached" even thou I was only about 20 feet above the ground.  I also noticed that I get GPS...but no signals.  Even flying in an open park.  It's just greyed out.

I have updated the fireware and have gone through the forums for answers, but nothing seems to work.

I know I there are other posts for this but I just wanted to see if anyone can help me out directly.

Thanks!
Jeff
2019-6-26
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

With no GPS reception SPARK fly in OPTI mode (if light level and reference is OK), height is restricted.
See the manual.

cheers
JJB
OPTImode.png
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. JJB is correct if the GPS signal is weak, the height would be limited on you will encounter this particular error on the application. I would recommend flying in an environment with enough GPS signal and avoid interferences while flying to prevent the incident. Also to maximize the usage of the drone. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-27
Use props
Roubs
lvl.1

Canada

I completely understand this.  And thanks for getting back to me.

But what I am referring to is that I could go to the park by my house and get 15-16 sats on GPS....now I get none what-so-ever.  It's an open area with nothing around.  I've been doing this for months.  Now I can't at all.

2019-6-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

How long have you been in the air?
You get GPS in other locations?
You "bumped"  your bird, somehow?
There are cable plugs in there
You get GPS location, lots of sats, with a phone GPS app and in flightmode?
Excact location, without mobil data or wifi or bluetooth gps tracker (on your wrist), per. ex.?
2019-6-27
Use props
Roubs
lvl.1

Canada

How long have you been in the air? - Total flight time is about 20-25 hours I would guess.
You get GPS in other locations? - Did get GPS during all flights.
You "bumped"  your bird, somehow?  -  1 crash when I first got the drone....since that time.  Nope.  And that was when I first bought the Spark.
There are cable plugs in there.  - No cable plug ins.
You get GPS location, lots of sats, with a phone GPS app and in flightmode? - Yes.
Excact location, without mobil data or wifi or bluetooth gps tracker (on your wrist), per. ex.? - I still get location on Go Pro app.

I haven't changed anything since I got it.  And it flew great.  Got some pretty good footage too.  Nothing amazing thou.  lol.

I did go out today after downgrading the firmware.   Now I am also getting the GEO location of airport.  Fly safe notification on top of the Max altitude notification.

Now I did get the GEO location notification before, but that never stopped my spark from flying over 15ft.  

2019-6-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, you totally misapprehend my questions, my bad, perhaps ;-)

I am not interest in the past, I just wanna know from now!

How long have you waited, in the air,  for GPS sats, how many has your bird seen, till you switched it off, again?
Did it see any?
You need about 10 (ten) shown locked, to get the green GPS Mode running!
And that is b/c DJI is using GPS AND Glonass at the same time, 5 or 6 from ONE of this Systems are needed, to get you a stabil 3 dimension position for flying a drone.

You have tried it somewhere else, now?
Just start the bird somewhere and check how (if any) satellites it sees!

As long it sees satellites, "there is hope"
It may just not have been easy enought, to see enough of them, that day., these days

"I did go out today after downgrading the firmware.   Now I am also getting the GEO location of airport.  Fly safe notification on top of the Max altitude notification."

You may get them because the app gets them of the A-GPS in your device and from the "weak' GPS positioning from the Bird with just not enough GPS recognized for GPS flight.

How about you upload a flight record of one of your "max flight altitude reached" flights?
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2019-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules