Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I've found out the best way to photograph.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to create a pano this way when it AF-locks it will make a lot of areas sharp in PSD Automate, but when you start to look around, it's like shooting in say F/40 because everything is sharp within the crop.  This way you won't have to have massive ISO noise when jacking up the f/stop but pretty much anything beyond f/6.3 isn't sharp anymore so you can keep the f/6.3, minimum ISO allowed, high shutter speed, etc.  I'm pretty much going to do this with all my pictures non-drone related.

It's pretty much what happened here.
https://pro2-bar-s3-cdn-cf3.mypo ... 252da35cbb417d763eb
2019-6-26
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Terrific picture !   Great result  
2019-6-27
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Great shot!
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing this very useful information also this wonderful shot that you provide. Thank you for your continued support and Happy flying always!
2019-6-27
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 6-27 00:53
Terrific picture !   Great result

thx      : )
2019-6-27
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You need to upgrade from the Spark!  It's where I came from too.  The Mavic 2 is like a Spark 3.
2019-6-27
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-27 09:12
Hi, Thanks for sharing this very useful information also this wonderful shot that you provide. Thank you for your continued support and Happy flying always!

When you guys release Airsense w/ an update in the future for the Go4 App, can you tell the engineers to 100% make sure the drone does not get overloaded and the control is lost?  The old hardware with all the settings to the max such as the gains, HD mode, high recording bitrate mode, slow microSD in a very fast flight to a stop can make the drone roll over.  Too many things to process with old tech will cause at least a few drones to go down.  I had an issue where I put the yaw at 120 and coming to a stop from a wide orbit made it look like the drone went over 90 degrees to the right (gimbal overload, I thought it was the end) then corrected itself but looking at the Logs it didn't.  Also had an issue while flying around by the Statue of Liberty area where it looked like the drone was banked so hard near a stop that the gimbal camera was facing 45 degrees to the right for a few split seconds.  I corrected it by going left with my FPV racer drone skills.  I assume it was a hiccup from not calibrating it facing down so the motors have somewhat overheated.  Now, I calibrate it facing down all the time.  Everything works fine though.  I was flying P-mode.  I'm scared to fly it in S-mode unless I'm trying to get somewhere quick facing forward.  With the Mavic 2, I can fly in Sport the whole flight and have no worry unless it says Caution: High Winds, Please land ASAP because when that happens the drone goes into limp mode and flies Ultra slow.
2019-6-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-27 20:52
When you guys release Airsense w/ an update in the future for the Go4 App, can you tell the engineers to 100% make sure the drone does not get overloaded and the control is lost?  The old hardware with all the settings to the max such as the gains, HD mode, high recording bitrate mode, slow microSD in a very fast flight to a stop can make the drone roll over.  Too many things to process with old tech will cause at least a few drones to go down.  I had an issue where I put the yaw at 120 and coming to a stop from a wide orbit made it look like the drone went over 90 degrees to the right (gimbal overload, I thought it was the end) then corrected itself but looking at the Logs it didn't.  Also had an issue while flying around by the Statue of Liberty area where it looked like the drone was banked so hard near a stop that the gimbal camera was facing 45 degrees to the right for a few split seconds.  I corrected it by going left with my FPV racer drone skills.  I assume it was a hiccup from not calibrating it facing down so the motors have somewhat overheated.  Now, I calibrate it facing down all the time.  Everything works fine though.  I was flying P-mode.  I'm scared to fly it in S-mode unless I'm trying to get somewhere quick facing forward.  With the Mavic 2, I can fly in Sport the whole flight and have no worry unless it says Caution: High Winds, Please land ASAP because when that happens the drone goes into limp mode and flies Ultra slow.

You never learn do you? :

" The old hardware with all the settings to the max such as the gains, HD mode, high recording bitrate mode, slow microSD in a very fast flight to a stop can make the drone roll over. "

is complete rubbish. The entire video processing, including writing to the SD card, is done in a separate FPGA. It has NOTHING to do with the main processor in the aircraft. You have only a minimal knowledge of electronics, and no knowledge of the DJI aircraft architecture. Stop posting this garbage, you are potentially confusing some of the more gullible flyers out there who may be under the impression that you know what you are talking about.

Just in case the message is not clear, he is talking out of his tail rotor.

2019-6-27
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-27 21:50
You never learn do you? :

" The old hardware with all the settings to the max such as the gains, HD mode, high recording bitrate mode, slow microSD in a very fast flight to a stop can make the drone roll over. "

I have first-hand experience of this stuff happening.  When I went V30 it fixed it.

You have no idea how things work Beyond a normal point of view.  Anything Beyond normal you should never be Authorized to post about.  You directly interfere with things that need to be seen and understood.
2019-6-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-27 21:51
I have first-hand experience of this stuff happening.  When I went V30 it fixed it.

You have no idea how things work Beyond a normal point of view.  Anything Beyond normal you should never be Authorized to post about.  You directly interfere with things that need to be seen and understood.

You arrived on this world 5 minutes ago, and in the drone hobby shortly afterwards, and now you presume to tell people who actually know stuff that you really know better?

SHUT UP! GO AWAY! YOU ARE AN IDIOT WITH TOO MUCH TIME AND MONEY ON YOUR HANDS!!
2019-6-27
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-27 21:54
You arrived on this world 5 minutes ago, and in the drone hobby shortly afterwards, and now you presume to tell people who actually know stuff that you really know better?

SHUT UP! GO AWAY! YOU ARE AN IDIOT WITH TOO MUCH TIME AND MONEY ON YOUR HANDS!!

If they release Airsense which cripples our drone's performance to the point yours crashes and issues arise after, will you recollect this moment?

If they mass release Airsense as a government standard within a time frame that not enough testing is done, drones lose control at a monumental scale that all drones are NFZ, will you recollect this moment?  This moment of which everyone who is saying it's ok when it isn't because DJI have decided to listen to people like you.

I'm just making sure they address many things as I feel the P4PV2.0+ is pretty much maxed out with how I fly.  I fly with +3 sharpness.  I am scared to fly in HD mode for w/e reason because it starts to hiccup at times.  Sometimes I'm recording and it corrupts but that was w/ the old SD non-V30 card.  I try to stop the footage but it won't stop.

If you don't believe me max all your gains, run HD mode, do 2.7k60, take pictures while it's recording w/ the right shutter button and see what happens.

Do you know why Windows Vista was so slow compared to XP?  Because when 9/11 happened the government worked with Microsoft to spy on people's computers to prevent another 9/11.  If they do the same thing w/ our drones where the computer intervenes on purpose, the computer crashes somehow, and the drone falls out of the sky or flies away, it would suck.  The Mavic 2 connects so fast.  You should notice how it takes time for the controller to connect to the phone after the controller has been turned on because it's booting.  Also why it takes a while to get a GPS lock when you first turn on the Phantom because of it's slow processor.  I see you do not have a Mavic 2 but I do.  It's pretty much instantaneous in comparison.  It also flies solid as a rock in comparison because the computer processor is Better.  I'm just trying to make sure they understand this and don't release a rushed "Beta" model and for some it would be too late to find out what I was saying was true.

I went from Naza-M Lite to Naza-M V2 and the difference is significant.  Other users have noticed the same as well, because the computer is Better.  Start loading stuff into old tech, it would be like using the latest iOS version on an Apple 3GS.  The latest iOS has All the latest security updates.  The older models cannot handle that and it Cripples the performance.  An older computer designed to run Windows 98/XP should stay Windows 98/XP, not Windows 10 of course.  It doesn't have enough RAM.  Also, that could be another reason.  Not the processor, but the RAM availability.

They have not released any mandatory updates yet which cripples the performance Beyond capable.  We cannot look like the Boeing failure.  Newer does not always mean Better.
2019-6-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-27 21:58
If they release Airsense which cripples our drone's performance to the point yours crashes and issues arise after, will you recollect this moment?

If they mass release Airsense as a government standard within a time frame that not enough testing is done, drones lose control at a monumental scale that all drones are NFZ, will you recollect this moment?  This moment of which everyone who is saying it's ok when it isn't because DJI have decided to listen to people like you.

I am not going to address any of the points in that diatribe, as it is all certified bullcrap - plain and simple. Almost none of it has anything to do with our drones, much of it is incoherant rambling and snipets of technical magic that you have picked up and twisted to suit your lack of technical understanding. Technically speaking, you are a Moron, don't try to pretend otherwise.

And by the way, when DJI release AirSense, it will be hardware that is added to new drones, not software. It cannot be fitted to older drones, therefore cannot affect them.

Once again, you KNOW NOTHING!!! Stop posting confusing rubbish on here. Do us all a favour, find another forum to annoy.

2019-6-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely looking pano
2019-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The less you know, the more you babble on about it.
Reading your voluminous fluff, there are two words that keep coming to my mind.
Dunning & Kruger
Geebax eloquently summed up the situation with his recommendation to you.
You ignored it so I'll post it again.

Once again, you KNOW NOTHING!!! Stop posting confusing rubbish on here.
2019-6-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Do you know why Windows Vista was so slow compared to XP?  Because when 9/11 happened the government worked with Microsoft to spy on people's computers to prevent another 9/11. "

You've been listening too much to one of your politicians, when I watched 9/11 on T.V it was 2001, you may be too young to remember.

Windows Vista was released in 2007, highly unlikely the two events are even remotely related.

2019-6-29
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

100% pointless garbage
Winner of the **Stupidest Post of the Year** award.
There's nothing in this post that makes any sense at all.
2019-6-29
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-27 23:17
I am not going to address any of the points in that diatribe, as it is all certified bullcrap - plain and simple. Almost none of it has anything to do with our drones, much of it is incoherant rambling and snipets of technical magic that you have picked up and twisted to suit your lack of technical understanding. Technically speaking, you are a Moron, don't try to pretend otherwise.

And by the way, when DJI release AirSense, it will be hardware that is added to new drones, not software. It cannot be fitted to older drones, therefore cannot affect them.

That is entirely true Geebax.

AirSense is only on new drones and is not a software addition to legacy drones. I have it on my M200 V2 and if anything, it is merely an SA enhancer. I have never had the drone tumble out of the sky, even when I received a resolution advisory because the other aircraft got too close for the AirSense's comfort. Not sure why the opinion is being said that the drone's operation is terribly affected by AirSense. It isn't, except to pause for safety and check your surroundings.

AirSense has not affected the flight performance of my M200 and it has not adversly affected any of my jobs. In fact, had a job yesterday and I had to pause the mission just to be safe as there was a low flying Piper. AirSense sensed it first, I was aware, I looked for the traffic, identified it, and decided I should pause and give right of way even though it was obviously well outside any real threat to my mission airspace. Just to be safe of course.

AirSense is a necessary addition to the safety of drone operations within and around the National Airspace System. It better legitimizes the industry to the rest of the aviation world. It also raises barriers to entry for operators so not just anyone can enter the market as an operator. Next step in my opinion is to require a practical flight exam in addition to the written test -- just like for manned aircraft.

Anyway, and this is goes for me and everyone on this forum, just be careful what you post until you have fully researched and have the adequate data to formulate your informed opinion. Or, if you post something that is erroneous, just accept that someone probably knows more about it and if they post as such, do some research before you argue a point.

Source for my opinion: https://dronelife.com/2019/05/22 ... s-drones-from-2020/

Not hatin', just statin'.

Sorry for the rant.
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules