Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hi all,
Help is needed as App is prompting me to update to ....620 ver. for aircraft firmware.Try to do it but always crashes at 30% updating progress.An error code is attached.With current, previous firmware, AC can't fly more than 90 m vertically and /or horizontally before loosing connection.Extremmely annoing and unoperative.Currently on holiday in Indonesia and can't use the drone.Never happened before.Any suggestion or help much needed and appreciated.
Can't use DJI assistant as having no PC with me.Thanks again
Screenshot_2019-06-27_222248.jpg
Screenshot_2019-06-27_222316.jpg
Screenshot_2019-06-27_222327.jpg
Screenshot_2019-06-27_222332.jpg
Screenshot_2019-06-27_222433.jpg
2019-6-27
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I think you need to find a friend with a PC where you are.
I believe that is the only way your going to get your bird stable again using the Assistant...
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The firmware update can be done using the DJI Assistant 2 as well if the DJI GO 4 app wouldn't allow you to update the firmware. If there's any chance that you could connect your drone to your computer and download the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2, the problem with the flight of your drone might optimize. However, it seems that the DJI Assistant 2 is not an option as of the time being, you may consider re-installing the DJI Go 4 app to see if there will be changes. For additional information, it's recommended to save important files and sync your flight records prior to delete the application. Please let us know the latest progress of the situation. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-27
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 6-27 14:00
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The firmware update can be done using the DJI Assistant 2 as well if the DJI GO 4 app wouldn't allow you to update the firmware. If there's any chance that you could connect your drone to your computer and download the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2, the problem with the flight of your drone might optimize. However, it seems that the DJI Assistant 2 is not an option as of the time being, you may consider re-installing the DJI Go 4 app to see if there will be changes. For additional information, it's recommended to save important files and sync your flight records prior to delete the application. Please let us know the latest progress of the situation. Thank you for your support.

Hi DJI Tony, already have tried what you suggested, but no positive result. Before last update, the drone was flying well, but now the radio signal I see on my screen is extremely weak and only appears the range of 5,6 MHz but not 2,4 MHz. I'd like to choose 2,4 MHz but I can't find this option. Even when I'm in remote areas with practically no other electric interference. Ruining the holiday as drone not performing as it used and supposed to.
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 7-1 09:00
Hi DJI Tony, already have tried what you suggested, but no positive result. Before last update, the drone was flying well, but now the radio signal I see on my screen is extremely weak and only appears the range of 5,6 MHz but not 2,4 MHz. I'd like to choose 2,4 MHz but I can't find this option. Even when I'm in remote areas with practically no other electric interference. Ruining the holiday as drone not performing as it used and supposed to.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. I would like to ask if you encounter any error messages in the DJI Assistant 2 as well upon updating the firmware? Would it be possible if you could send us a screenshot of the particular problem wherein the 2.4 GHz option is not available in the application? You may consider re-installing the application then update the firmware again to see if there will be changes, however, it's recommended to sync the flight records and save important files before deleting the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-1
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-1 14:06
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. I would like to ask if you encounter any error messages in the DJI Assistant 2 as well upon updating the firmware? Would it be possible if you could send us a screenshot of the particular problem wherein the 2.4 GHz option is not available in the application? You may consider re-installing the application then update the firmware again to see if there will be changes, however, it's recommended to sync the flight records and save important files before deleting the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hi, thank you, but still not working. Even after following your instructions.
I had have installed last version already in the AC. When connected to DJI Assistant 2 a message that gfound some HW inconsistencies appeared. Installed from the DJI Assistant again. Not working. Restored to factory defaults - not working. Reinstalled again from DJI Assistant 2 - not working either.
Please see attached photos
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 7-2 16:30
Hi, thank you, but still not working. Even after following your instructions.
I had have installed last version already in the AC. When connected to DJI Assistant 2 a message that gfound some HW inconsistencies appeared. Installed from the DJI Assistant again. Not working. Restored to factory defaults - not working. Reinstalled again from DJI Assistant 2 - not working either.
Please see attached photos[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Based on the screenshots that you've provided to us, the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller are updated. Would it be possible if you could also provide the particular error message that you've encountered? Where did you encounter this "Firmware Insconsistencie"? Regarding changing the frequency, did you try to select the "Custom" to possibly choose between 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz?
2019-7-4
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 7-4 10:44
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Based on the screenshots that you've provided to us, the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller are updated. Would it be possible if you could also provide the particular error message that you've encountered? Where did you encounter this "Firmware Insconsistencie"? Regarding changing the frequency, did you try to select the "Custom" to possibly choose between 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz?

Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for the late answer due to the fact I was travelling back. Quite deceived as I lost a lot of shots because of the Mavic Air not functioning properly during a, once in a lifetime voyage...
In order to answer your questions: yes, the FW of the AC and RC are updated, but CONTINUOUSLY and RANDOMLY, I got messages the system have found FW inconsistencies, I do again the update, seems the update goes well, receive final message all FW are up to date, but still unable to have 2,4 Ghz (neither under AUTO frequency selection, nor under CUSTOM settings) and the AC loses signal at aprox 100 to max 500 m distance from the RC.
I haven't had or experienced this behaviour with any of the previous FW versions I have had installed on the RC and AC. That times, I was able to fly the Mavic up to 2 km and also had 2,4 Ghz frequency available.
I'm afraid I don't understand your question regarding where I encounterred the ´´Firmware inconsistence´´ error message. Geographically speaking in different locations I was in Indonesia. In terms of time, this message appeared randomly and can't draw any conclusion or relationship related to its appearance.
What it is for sure is the absence of the posibility to have or choose 2,4 Ghz frequency band after updating from previous version to the current one.
Also when I'm about to lose signal and communication, first I got the message STRONG AIRCRAFT INTERFERENCE (at 100m to 500m distance) and in remote areas with ZERO OR ALMOST ZERO HUMAN PRESENCE OR ACTIVITY.Maybe because on 5,6 Ghz band the signal is very very weak.
The 1st update process went smootlhy, well and without any interruptions or error messages and, yes, ...the drone had any crash, accident or any kind of ´´mechanical stress´´ so far.
2019-7-16
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

15matjan Posted at 7-16 21:44
Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for the late answer due to the fact I was travelling back. Quite deceived as I lost a lot of shots because of the Mavic Air not functioning properly during a, once in a lifetime voyage...
In order to answer your questions: yes, the FW of the AC and RC are updated, but CONTINUOUSLY and RANDOMLY, I got messages the system have found FW inconsistencies, I do again the update, seems the update goes well, receive final message all FW are up to date, but still unable to have 2,4 Ghz (neither under AUTO frequency selection, nor under CUSTOM settings) and the AC loses signal at aprox 100 to max 500 m distance from the RC.
I haven't had or experienced this behaviour with any of the previous FW versions I have had installed on the RC and AC. That times, I was able to fly the Mavic up to 2 km and also had 2,4 Ghz frequency available.

couple things:
on your person, on your phone, on any devices near proximity, interfere can be generated, why, not during takeoff too? why disconnect 100m-500m?
none mention of warn "antennae signal weak-face parallel flat antennaes toward drone"
none mention of warn "signal weak"
none mention of "aircraft disconnected"
yes mention of "signal lost"

the incept occurred by the taunt of 620 to which user obliged with optional choice to "ignore"

it is after this inception the disruptions manifested as claimed by user

user claims none connectivity issues present prior 620 taunt
user claims possibly rc transmit power decrease but how to measure it?
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules