1419 11 2019-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H. Arif - Nobody
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Hi,
I recently experienced a drone crash where my spark suffered minimal damage. I am not assuming if it's my fault or drones, which is why I would appreciate it if a professenial could have a look at it and let me know what they think. Thank You!

https://app.airdata.com/share/sNlZlS/GENERALOverview
Free shipping DJI.JPG
Free shipping DJI.JPG
Free shipping DJI.JPG
2019-6-27
Use props
H. Arif - Nobody
Second Officer
Canada

I do not know how to remove the images, sorry.
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, We do apologize for the incident happened to your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-6-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-6-28
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

If we were to believe data from airdata app (I do not use this app so I am no expert) your Spark suffered hardware malfunction.
Check logs starting at 6 minutes. Measured speed of Spark increases while, at the same time, it hovers virtually in the same spot. Also, speed increases without your intervention (you right stick does not move).
This speed anomaly is accompanied by speed errors and motor errors.
See attachment.

I strongly suspect h/w problem which DJI support should be able to help you with.

Mirek  

Capture.JPG
2019-6-28
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

Mirek6 Posted at 6-28 12:31
If we were to believe data from airdata app (I do not use this app so I am no expert) your Spark suffered hardware malfunction.
Check logs starting at 6 minutes. Measured speed of Spark increases while, at the same time, it hovers virtually in the same spot. Also, speed increases without your intervention (you right stick does not move).
This speed anomaly is accompanied by speed errors and motor errors.

Yes but look at how many errors and warnings he was getting at the beginning, and what did he do? Shot straight up in the air anyway. There are warnings all the way through this flight.

drone crash.JPG
2019-6-28
Use props
H. Arif - Nobody
Second Officer
Canada

RJB1 Posted at 6-28 15:46
Yes but look at how many errors and warnings he was getting at the beginning, and what did he do? Shot straight up in the air anyway. There are warnings all the way through this flight.

That's because the home point was not set and I did not have enough satellites, when I did have enough (my minimum is always above 12), then I do use it as I please. And I have experienced this before, the home point does not set until I am 2-3 metres above the ground.
2019-6-29
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Canada

RJB1 Posted at 6-28 15:46
Yes but look at how many errors and warnings he was getting at the beginning, and what did he do? Shot straight up in the air anyway. There are warnings all the way through this flight.[Image]

Yes, I did notice that. I would have waited for home point before taking off. He did not.

However, this behaviour has little to do with what happened later. Looking at supplied logs it is quite clear that something happened which was not pilot's fault. Log data is erroneous and indicates potential issue with hardware or firmware.

This is why I focused on that and not on pilot's behaviour. I would check this drone with DJI support.

Mirek
2019-6-29
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

Mirek6 Posted at 6-29 18:16
Yes, I did notice that. I would have waited for home point before taking off. He did not.

However, this behaviour has little to do with what happened later. Looking at supplied logs it is quite clear that something happened which was not pilot's fault. Log data is erroneous and indicates potential issue with hardware or firmware.

It's interesting though that it was having problems at the beginning near that big building, then flew fine until it returned to near that same building. May be a coincidence or could it have been interference in that area?
2019-6-30
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Canada

RJB1 Posted at 6-30 01:37
It's interesting though that it was having problems at the beginning near that big building, then flew fine until it returned to near that same building. May be a coincidence or could it have been interference in that area?

It is possible. Large buildings may contain materials which impede proper functioning of compass which may cause in all sorts of trouble. However, this is not that common - you would normally need to be very close (meters away). After all people do fly drones in cities with no issues. But, as you noted, possible.
2019-7-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

H. Arif - Nobody Posted at 6-29 10:45
That's because the home point was not set and I did not have enough satellites, when I did have enough (my minimum is always above 12), then I do use it as I please. And I have experienced this before, the home point does not set until I am 2-3 metres above the ground.

I would check your battery as well.

Errors started in the red zone in my chart.

Start of the flight not what i would advice ; 6 sats but no reception until 26s, homepoint set. If HP is not where you are you can have a bad suprise, if a RTH due to loss comms....

But why did your SPARK do an autolanding ?

Or did hit hit something at the end of the flight?, see the pitch and roll angles changes dramatically.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis5.png
2019-7-17
Use props
H. Arif - Nobody
Second Officer
Canada

JJB* Posted at 7-17 11:40
I would check your battery as well.

Errors started in the red zone in my chart.

Not sure, it didn't hit auto-landing as far as I remember. I was bringing it down and it for some turned upside down and the rotors kept spinning.
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules