Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I got hold of a P3 advanced with a dead camera. To cut a long story short, as the RH joystick is moved to full astern the output, as seen in the calibration menu, becomes increasingly reverse, as it should, UNTIL it reaches 100%. Once the joystick moves beyond the point where the output reaches 100% i.e. towards the fully down position, the output switches to 100% FORWARD. The drone behaves in accordance with the output i.e. switches from full reverse to full ahead in an instant. Not good especially if full reverse is being used to stop forward travel!

However this problem also means I can not use the CSC command to start the motors and I am not sure if I could rely on the CSC command as an emergency stop.
Has anyone encountered this problem before and does anyone know if there is a solution other than replacing the RH joystick unit?

Also are the joystick units handed?
Thanks for any answers

142602 c&p.jpg
2019-6-27
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having opened the controller it looks as if there is a potentiometer or something similar on the end of the forwards/backwards pivot, I guess this is the 'sensor' and has gone a bit wonky.
poss wonky pot c&p.jpg
2019-6-29
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got a 2nd hand joystick assembly and after fitting it and calibrating the sticks, success.
Then I dropped a &&&&88888.
I had only used a few screws, loosely tighten, to hold things in place for testing. Whilst reassembling it correctly i.e. adding the remaining screws and nipping them up, the controller slipped. I made a grab for it, BAD MISTAKE. The USB ribbon cable got snagged and ripped off the motherboard along with its connector, the latter seems to have taken some tracks with it. I'd probably have been better off letting the controller 'drop'.
So I now have a controller with no USB connection nor working C1 & C2 switches, ho hum, and there is absolutely no chance of my being able to repair that damage to the motherboard.
Fortunately both the drone and controller are 'spares'.
I expected the damage would have killed the MB but after making sure the loose sections of track were removed i.e not shorting to one another, the controller successfully boots and controls its drone, I was quite surprised by that.
2019-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules