Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ACTIVE TRACK IS DANGEROUS DJI WILL END UP BEING SUED FOR NEGLIGENCE
1986 2 2019-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse466a791
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1970413 ft
United States

negligence.JPG
DJI Intelligent (not so intelligent) Flight Mode "Active Track" is going to hurt somebody seriously (if it hasn't happened already and not reported).  There are numerous "video documented" cases of drone in "Active Track" flight mode and the drone, for some mysterious reason, decides on its own it needs to fly into the subject (Dive Bomb) either hitting them or comes very close to hitting them.  I've had my own experience during "Active Track" flight mode that my Mav2 Pro decided to "Dive Bomb" me.  This is why I started a search trying to figure out what I may have done wrong.  I came across various videos of the same thing happening.  Unfortunately I wasn't filming at the time. So all you have to go on is my word.  I understand all points of view thinking it must have been pilot error or some other various anomaly.  I can only speak to pilot operation at the time of the occurrence.  I did not make any remote control stick input movements when my Mav2 pro suddenly flew at me fairly quickly.  As far as the possibility some other anomaly (wifi interference etc.) occurring that caused this, I can not disprove that. I will say that I've flown dozens of flights at this same location (wide open 10 Acre park) at various times of the day and have never had any issues or messages from the app that suggested anything such as magnetic interference or wifi interference. I have read other posts in various forums during my search of this problem and DJI has been contacted about this problem.  Their standard answer is that it must have been pilot error.  Hmm... Gee does the MCAS software program onboard Boeing's 737 Max ring a bell to anyone.  Pretty sure that's not pilot error.

Here's another link:

Just a heads up for everyone to fly safe and be prepared to quickly take over control of drone during any "Intelligent Flight" mode.

Fly Safe

Just found this excerpt from DJI manual in another post and it is a bit conflicting:

dji active track.JPG
2019-6-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm so glad I've joined the DJI drone systems way after all this stuff has been ironed out.  How old are these vids?  They firmware update so it might have been fixed.. but according to the video, it's not.  I've used Active track but prefer not to because if it detects something similar, it tracks that.  The Active Track on the Spark is flawless though (not flying into me wise), but this video is making me worried.  I got one with an 11/18 mfg. date so I think I should be good?  You do realize they do secret level modifications to their designs?  I mean, I assume it's like that because I had hard drives way back that had the Exact same model number and everything but the PCBs placement and their design were Completely different.  I was using them to RAID-0 where you need identical hard drives.
2019-6-27
Use props
fanscf88cc19
lvl.2
United States

Please watch the video DJI promotes following "people" up close with Active Track regardless what the manual says. Marketing is a powerful tool and deceptive advertising cannot be trumped by RTFM. Willful neglect is exactly that, the DJI reps and DJI themselves understand the dangers of Active Track so when someone is hurt they will point to the manual which is misleading.

I find the Trace mode as dangerous as profile, in fact I find the Trace mode can get into the attack oscillation often, you can stop the attack by overriding the flight path.
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules