Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket stolen!
8544 18 2019-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UweE
Captain
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI!

My OP has been stolen, is there any chance to block the OP to make it useless for others?
Second question: is this been covered by DJI care refresh?

Regards Uwe
2019-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the incident happened to your DJI Osmo Pocket. Regretfully, we are unable to block your stolen OP. We recommend that you report to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident. Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Also, unfortunately, the DJI Care Refresh is not cover the lost OP. Thank you for understanding and have a great day!
2019-6-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-6-28
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Ouch! How did this unfortunate event occur?
2019-6-29
Use props
Kanga Blue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44754 ft

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-28 12:24
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the incident happened to your DJI Osmo Pocket. Regretfully, we are unable to block your stolen OP. We recommend that you report to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident. Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Also, unfortunately, the DJI Care Refresh is not cover the lost OP. Thank you for understanding and have a great day!

Of course Dji and mobile phone carriers could block stolen phones and cameras if they wanted to. All these things have electronic serial numbers that get locked up when they log into networks. The manufacturers and the Telcos don't want to do this however as they want to sell new electronic equipment!
2019-7-1
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Kanga Blue Posted at 7-1 01:26
Of course Dji and mobile phone carriers could block stolen phones and cameras if they wanted to. All these things have electronic serial numbers that get locked up when they log into networks. The manufacturers and the Telcos don't want to do this however as they want to sell new electronic equipment!

True, as most (if not all) electronic devices have a physical address to which they connect to a networked system, as a form of identity.  For the regular consumer, unfortunately they have to eat the loss, unless they had their device covered under another form of insurance, that covered theft.
2019-7-1
Use props
UweE
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Good news! Somebody found my bag, including the Osmo Pocket and I have it back!
There are still some honest people out there!
2019-7-2
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

UweE Posted at 7-2 00:21

Congratulations! Very good news indeed and quite unexpected. Honest people ftw!
2019-7-2
Use props
Cool h
Second Officer

Taiwan

Wooow, after so many days, unblievable!
2019-7-2
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

I’m so happy for you. I had a phone and a camera stolen, both at Las Vegas airport.. at least Verizon didn’t make me liable for the calls. They were to Eastern Europe. The camera, prior to digital was an Olympus Stylus. It was a great point and shoot and went on all my trips, business and vacations

Very happy for you!
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for the additional information. We are really glad to know that somebody already returned the lost bag of yours and it includes the DJI Osmo Pocket. God bless whoever that person was. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-7-3
Use props
SeenMavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142635 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sooooo....
It wasnt stolen, you just lost it, right? :-)
2019-7-4
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

we need to register the devices and log in to the DJI accound and DJI is not able to lock a device?

hey wake up !!!
2019-7-4
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

SeenMavic Posted at 7-4 10:25
Sooooo....

2019-7-4
Use props
KerryG
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

How would DJI know if a device was lost, stolen, sold, gifted, or whatever? What if someone reported your serial number just to get you locked out of your device? Since th4re is no mechanism to "unregister" or transfer the registration, it would put DJI into a liability position to be locking devices anytime someone asked.
2019-7-5
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

OUCH!  ( Any chance the culprit was a "pick" Pocket ??  FWIW, here in the US my homeowners' insurance covered the theft of a GoPro that was mounted on my bike.  I stopped to fill water bottles leaving the bike computer, camera, and pump on the bike while I went inside a shop for the water.  Within 5 minutes each had been lifted.  Witness' at an outside table saw someone near the bike so I was able to make out a police report.  THAT made it possible for a claim.  Worth a try if you have renters or owners coverage.

[EDIT] Happy for you... at least for the Pocket.  Trama from being a victim is still beyond annoying.
2019-7-5
Use props
UweE
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

SeenMavic Posted at 7-4 10:25
Sooooo....

Yes and no!
I lost my bag and when I returned, it was not there anymore.
In Germany, we call this "lost property embezzlement".
Anyway, I have it back :-)
2019-7-16
Use props
Wth is DJI
lvl.2
United States

That's crazy, so you got the bag back but the camera wasn't there?

I recently found an Osmo camera on a mountain hike and looking for the owner! https://forum.dji.com/thread-195393-1-1.html
2019-8-6
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Outstanding! So glad you were able to be reunited with your stuff.
2019-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules