Osmo Mobile 2 won't stay on
5561 6 2019-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theandywaite
New
United Kingdom

I bought a new Osmo Mobile 2. Powered on, worked OK a couple of times.

Now it won't stay on.  Phone is balanced, no red error light.

If I hold the button it works for a few seconds. As soon as I let go of the power button it just turns off.

Holding the power button, it does stay on long enough for me to see the Gimbal has 75% charge.

Is it broken? I'm thinking of returning it.
2019-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to press and hold the Power Button for about 1.2 seconds. Ensure the button is pressed and held after that check whether the gimbal's short-circuit protection is enabled if the gimbal is placed in a wet place or operating on a rainy day. Keep the gimbal dry and then charge the Osmo Mobile 2 to disable the short-circuit protection. Also, check whether a malfunctioning charger is used for charging the Osmo Mobile 2. If yes, battery overvoltage protective is enabled. Use a compatible and normally functioning charger to charge the gimbal. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-6-28
Use props
theandywaite
New
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-28 12:47
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to press and hold the Power Button for about 1.2 seconds. Ensure the button is pressed and held after that check whether the gimbal's short-circuit protection is enabled if the gimbal is placed in a wet place or operating on a rainy day. Keep the gimbal dry and then charge the Osmo Mobile 2 to disable the short-circuit protection. Also, check whether a malfunctioning charger is used for charging the Osmo Mobile 2. If yes, battery overvoltage protective is enabled. Use a compatible and normally functioning charger to charge the gimbal. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I have tried pressing the button for various amounts of time. It only stays on as long as the button is held.

How do I check if the short circuit protection is enabled?

It's brand new and literally just taken out of the box and charged up, it has never been wet.

I'm just using a normal USB charger I use for charging my phone.
2019-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

theandywaite Posted at 6-28 12:58
I have tried pressing the button for various amounts of time. It only stays on as long as the button is held.

How do I check if the short circuit protection is enabled?

Thank you for the additional information and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I already sent you a PM. Kindly please check your inbox. Thank you!
2019-6-28
Use props
sammitysam
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-28 14:42
Thank you for the additional information and we do apologize for the inconvenience. I already sent you a PM. Kindly please check your inbox. Thank you!

I'm having the exact same issues with mine, right out of the box.  What's the solution?
2019-7-18
Use props
sammitysam
New
United States

I'm having exact same issues with my OSMO pocket.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sammitysam Posted at 7-18 15:19
I'm having the exact same issues with mine, right out of the box.  What's the solution?

Hi sammitysam, we've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-193973-1-1.html Please kindly check later and keep us updated there for better follow-up, thanks!
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules